engine management codes

dsmithmobile

Could be the DV, mine has been replaced once and is being replaced again tomorrow.

17705 *and* 17608 on and off for 9months now, always together.

N75, DV, throttle body replaced (twice), throttle body cleaned....

Pipes been checked as well.

Frustrating.

hi there,im back again and just thought that i would let you know that i decided to fit a forge dv to see if it cured the problem as i was toying with the idea of upgrading anyway but it still hasnt solved my problem,contacted my local dealer again and kicked up a fuss and told them i wanted it sorting,they called me back today and told me that they have been onto skoda technical and that they have been given information about my problem and its due to go in on the 11th for them to do some work on it, but i wasnt told what work exactly so i will post back next week and let you know what they have done and if its solved my problem.

but i wasnt told what work exactly so i will post back next week and let you know what they have done and if its solved my problem.

That would be great, I e:mailed my dealer to look into it but he hasn't got back to me yet.

Gaff the only reason i can see for your fault not reaccuring after a test drive is that suffiecint (sp) boost wasnt reached or held long enough for the fault to show, ie: the valve hasnt completely failed but is unable to hold boost?! not too sure if this senario can happen with the diaphragm type though ;) techies will no doubt correct me :D

Cheers

Gaff the only reason i can see for your fault not reaccuring after a test drive is that suffiecint (sp) boost wasnt reached or held long enough for the fault to show' date=' ie: the valve hasnt completely failed but is unable to hold boost?! not too sure if this senario can happen with the diaphragm type though ;) techies will no doubt correct me :D

Cheers[/quote']

Could it be that the fault would occur at cold rather than when the car is running at temperature.

You may remember I made a post a while ago about the sudden drop in power I was experiencing around 2500 rpm when taking off, especially when cold. It feels as if its above to boost and then just drops off.

Anytime the error has been cleared and driven again the car has always been warm.

• 1 month later...

Any news on what's causing this fault code? I have had the same problem(sudden loss of boost, after restarting it runs fine) for quite some time now and the dealer haven't been able to get the problem sorted. So far they have changed DV, some of the piping between turbo and IC, cleaned the throttle body, changed throttle body and tested all tubes/pipes for leakeage. Looks like the car is going to VAG-sweden for further trouble shooting since no one really seem to know what's causing the code(17705) and the dealer have done everything they can.

/ Christian

As of yet the problem has not been sorted,i like yourself have had a constant fault with not making full boost because engine seems flat over 3-3500rpm and has been that way for a while but on occasions i can drive and i cant even hear the turbo whistling up and there is no venting sound from the DV but if i turn the engine off and restart then turbo and DV can be heard again the DV was changed as suggested by tavia but this did not cure problem and deler changed the N75 but still no different,i am starting to think that the fault could be down to the MAF because they seem to be quite common for failing and my dealer has agreed to change this,hopefully it will be sometime this week because after hearing tavia rs`s problem after MAF failure,i have been a little concerned about harming my engine,i will let you know the outcome.

Please give us an update when you have more info.

I had some power loss on two occasions over the x-mass period, but the problem has not come back since, although the error codes are probably still stored on the computer as I never took it to the dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,just thought i would update you on my current problem,the MAF has now been replaced and although it now feels a bit better it is still down on power :confused and it has a noticeable surging problem at motorway speeds,when accelerating hard you can feel the car pull then it momentarily holds back and then pulls again and you get kind of a on an off surging feeling as if its loosing boost then building up again so now im thinking i could possibly have some kind of leak in the system like a split in a hose or something because i have never had a warning light on,i do think the MAF was faulty because it always smelt like it was running rich and now it seems ok but i still havent had my problem cured. :confused:

Hi there,just thought i would update you on my current problem,the MAF has now been replaced and although it now feels a bit better it is still down on power :confused and it has a noticeable surging problem at motorway speeds,when accelerating hard you can feel the car pull then it momentarily holds back and then pulls again and you get kind of a on an off surging feeling as if its loosing boost then building up again so now im thinking i could possibly have some kind of leak in the system like a split in a hose or something because i have never had a warning light on,i do think the MAF was faulty because it always smelt like it was running rich and now it seems ok but i still havent had my problem cured. :confused:

dsmithmobile,

Any update on getting this problem sorted out

Im still waiting for the dealer to book me back in to have yet another look but all i can say is that as they have never found any sensor fault and i have never had a warning light on so im now begining to think its a pressure leak of some sort even though the garage said that the pipes and connections have all been checked when it first went in with the pressure drop fault code,i dont know if it its a possibility but i have a boost gauge in the car and you can definately see the gauge go over to about 1.0 bar then it drops back to about 0.6 then goes back over to 1.0 (dont think these figures are accurate as its only a cheap gauge) but it keeps doing this and you can feel the car surging on and off as if its dumping the pressure and then building back up.it is a constant fault but its more noticable at motorway speeds like if you are driving in 5th gear at about 60mph and you put your foot down hard and let it pull into licence losing territory,it is begining to get frustrating now because i need it rectifying before i can remap it.

as monnyo said dont take your car back to the same dealer it seems like they dont give a dam because they dont know what they are doing. when you take it to a different dealer ask them to check operation of recirulation valve. see what they come up with.

ade

if you like bring it to autosales and ill have a look for you. :thumbup:

but it keeps doing this and you can feel the car surging on and off as if its dumping the pressure and then building back up.it is a constant fault but its more noticable at motorway speeds like if you are driving in 5th gear at about 60mph and you put your foot down hard and let it pull into licence losing territory,it is begining to get frustrating now because i need it rectifying before i can remap it.

Mine was just doing it in 1st gear went taking off, at around 2500rpm, I was always afraid that it would get worse and cost me to get fixed even though the dealer was informed 2 years ago about it.