Is it a 140 or a 170?

tintinandcharlie

On 27/04/2020 at 22:26, bargee1759 said:

My 2012 170tdi has a MoreBHP stage 1 remap to 210bhp & 430nm of torque. It's just clocked 128k & was chipped 5 years ago at 55k. Absolutely no problems at all, never had a cat regen but my journeys are 90% "A" roads & motorways. It also hasn't had "the fix" post Dieselgate. Performance is impressive & tows well, no clutch or flywheel issues, still all original.  The car's also got Eibach Pro springs, Bilstein B4 dampers & Brembo Xtra discs & pads all round. Makes a truly great car even better. Insurance increase was initially nearly £100 over standard, but now I'm only paying £220 a year fully comp with protected NCD. Great to be old. 

Still looking for the red X and DI on Gen1, not 100% on an absolute identifier for a Gen2 170 if there  is one. Bit Canadian,  sorry. 

Also quite keen to improve the ride when I get one,  don't suppose you might have the part numbers to hand for that particular springs and dampers combo? Heard good things about both, want them when the original ones head west. 

And how old is old? I'm into my 🤫 6th decade now and don't regard myself as anywhere near that.  37 seemed like my prime (!),  so I'll stick with that. (Mentally I'm still a 12 year old sometimes,  especially when riding a bike or toilet humour is involved.)

😐

The owner may not be sure what engine is in the car, but you can bet a lifetime's wages that the Vehicle Excise people know down to the last penny what they are owed - check what road tax you are paying against the CO2 figures. 

45 minutes ago, b1ackb1rd said:

The owner may not be sure what engine is in the car, but you can bet a lifetime's wages that the Vehicle Excise people know down to the last penny what they are owed - check what road tax you are paying against the CO2 figures. 

I think you will find that the 140 and 170 are in the same class.

They do differ, this is from my 2014 brochure:-

2.0 TDI CR 140PS 4x4 DPF 152 G 
2.0 TDI CR 140PS 4x4 DSG DPF 164 G 
2.0 TDI CR 170PS 4x4 DPF 149 F 
2.0 TDI CR 170PS 4x4 DSG DPF 164 G

Colin

• Like 1

And then of course, some people decide just to have black badges to add further confusion.... ;)

(I'll post some pics when I get it to work...! Don't you just love it when Apple invent a new file format....)

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

Edited by aerofurb

5 hours ago, eribaMotters said:

They do differ, this is from my 2014 brochure:-

2.0 TDI CR 140PS 4x4 DPF 152 G 
2.0 TDI CR 140PS 4x4 DSG DPF 164 G 
2.0 TDI CR 170PS 4x4 DPF 149 F 
2.0 TDI CR 170PS 4x4 DSG DPF 164 G

Colin

So according to that the 2.0 170 4x4 manual is in band F £145

the 2.0 140 4x4 manual, 2.0  the 2.0 140 4x4 DSG and the 2.0 170 DSG are in band G £185 so even more confusing.

• 2 months later...