window tint percentage

mac11irl

im ordering some tint for the rear windows of the octy, to try and keep the sun off spud jr and sr coming into the better weather.

But as ive done this previoisly, im really not sure how tinted to go..

is 35% enough, or would 20% be better?

spud sr is still gona want to see out... 

• 5 months later...

I know this is well past but the view out isn't restricted that much by the tint unless you go for Limo Black and even that you can see out of I'd reckon the difference between the most common tints is neglible 

Seems I (everyone else/we) are a bit late to this but as labman1001 says the tint only affects incoming light really, I think mine is 50% (might be 65%) and in the rear you'd not really know looking out, looking into the rear then unless you get really close and have a good look anything inside is too dark, it really isn't too much cooler after about 10 mins of stopping though (big roof area and all that, a moon white car too...).

• 8 months later...
On 19/09/2020 at 09:51, VRS_White_Hatch said:

If its just to keep the sun off kids get a stick on sunshade. Modern cars have less glass and more of a tint than years ago. 

Personally I like the look of tinted glass, but not to the extent it obscures the drivers view.  

I've just had mine done last week at 15% and looks superb.  I was doing it to replace sunshades for the little one and keeping the dog cool in the boot and works great. I thought 15% would be way too dark but view is great from the inside and looks nice and stealth on the outside (i've got a blackline so everything is black anyway).  Cost me £150 (estate) 

Edited by CooperDJ