System cleaner

After the struggle to find my Fabia mk3 1.2 TSi 90 petrol fuel filter I had a look at the past 3 services and the 2nd service had ''petrol system cleaner''.

The 3rd service had ''advanced fuel cleaner'' what would that be and is it instead of a new fuel filter....any thoughts please. 

Edited by socks

That sort of thing only benefits the people that make it and sell it. 

You found the fuel filter, did you?

Wouldn't expect there's much in it other than petrol in such a young car unless it's done loads of miles.

No I did not find the fuel filter, I was hoping to get an intelligent answer as to where it is, how often you change them and does using fuel cleaners stave of replacing the filter.

Also, which fuel cleaner would they have allegedly used.

Item 9, tucked under front right corner of fuel tank; May be some plastic trim needing removal to see from below, dunno.

https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/fabia/fab/2015-797/2/201-201015/

Maybe consider replacement at 80k miles?  As I already said, fuel system cleaners are not useful. No idea what they would have used, Skoda usually specifically state that they shouldn't be used in their service instructions, but probably did no harm, nor good.

Is there a running problem with the engine that you are trying to solve?

As above I'd think, these petrol filters seem to be no longer a service item, if you don't believe that, maybe try walking into the spare parts counter at your local VW Group dealership and ask for a petrol filter for that engine - I don't think that there will be one held in stock, no need for that in the general stock area of their stores.

The advanced fuel cleaner will just be Forte or similar, a very good set of products are generating a bit more revenue for the workshop.

• 2 weeks later...