Fitting AUX-in to OEM radio

Sloba

Hi everyone, I would really like to have an AUX port in my Fabia. Is it possible to wire up and has it been done before? I do know some electrics stuff, but don't wanna open up the radio if it can't be done. Any help is appreciated!

No mention of bluetooth adapter in my car radio handbook, but there is another way if you have access to a low power output on the device .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/slp/scart-to-hdmi-converter/7neumtfyxgy89a2

I got one for my phone as the volume out of the speaker is poor on normal and too loud on speaker when using the satnav. It's simply connect to device - select an unused FM frequency on the device ,tune car radio to that and listen . Bonus is that if you've got the increase sound with speed option selected on radio, you never have to touch the volume.

I know of those bt-fm transmitters, and i have one, but i want aux, because it Is quicker and just more convienient for me. I could get an aftermarket head unit, but they Always look tacky and out of place..

with the seat equvelent you could convert the cy changer cable to use it as an AUX but i never managed to get it to work (didn't try that hard tbh)

I just bought an aftermarket one from halfords for £26 which has aux in and a usb port to put a usb stick with mp3 etc on it (though not powerful enough for decent charging of a phone)

I had to swap two wires at the back to allow it to save settings etc

• Thanks 1