Vrs2 squeaking noise

Hi my 2010 Ferb Vrs TSI has developed a squeak at 82k miles under load when accelerating. It's sounds like a pet mouse under the bonnet. 

It is fairly intermittent whilst driving although it likes to give off a little squeak nown again before it takes off. It's quite annoying as it is quite pronounced especially with the radio off.

I read somewhere that it could be down to a belt on the supercharger. Can anyone clarify?

Many thanks

5yrs and counting

13 hours ago, TopRavr said:

Hi my 2010 Ferb Vrs TSI has developed a squeak at 82k miles under load when accelerating. It's sounds like a pet mouse under the bonnet. 

It is fairly intermittent whilst driving although it likes to give off a little squeak nown again before it takes off. It's quite annoying as it is quite pronounced especially with the radio off.

I read somewhere that it could be down to a belt on the supercharger. Can anyone clarify?

Many thanks

5yrs and counting

Is it happening for around 0.5 of a sec immediately after you put the foot down on the accelerator and does it go away after you've drove for a bit?

If so its the supercharger yeah, Wouldn't worry unless is hindering performance.

31 minutes ago, TopRavr said:

Yes exactly as described and no it doesn't hinder the performance

It's just annoying.

So no maintenance required at this stage?

I posted about the same problem a good while back as I could hear the same sort of electrical noise of the supercharger engaging, Its usually only on cold or first start I hear it and it quickly disappears when the everything's heated up.

It disappeared for while then came back when I when I got a remap, Its caused me no issues at all mate.

Edited by Mickmartin

@TopRavr related to this and your servicing post.

@10 years old and 82,000 miles watch for any drops in coolant level.

There are original water pumps in the first cars built but they can start leaking, and the Water Pump replacement includes the Supercharger magnetic clutch.

The 2 belts need inspected, especially if the originals.

I would be giving Halfords a miss for servicing your car.