Another key

Hi All,

Well the noise issue is explained, now another question.

I need a second key. My local Skoda Dealer explained before the lockdown that there would be an extended delivery time, couple of months and a huge cost, can't remember exactly but would set me back several 

£ hundreds. Does anyone know a way of getting another key at a sensible cost in a reasonable timeframe ?

Thanks and Stay Safe,

Mike

Edited by ktm690rr
syntax

It was going to cost me around €240 for the key from VAG plus workshop time for coding, thats the proper official job where you get a new individual non cloned key and the missing one deactivated so that it cannot start the vehicle. It was going to be 1-2 weeks to recieve the key from VAG.

Otherwise do as I did and look through the Ebay listings, I found a Polish guy who supplied a generic key with S/H genuine VAG internals, he cut the blade and cloned the immobiliser chip to my existing key for £90, all done in about 15 minutes.

Edited by J.R.

We needed a spare key and I ordered one through Amazon, but you can get one from Ebay or Aliexpress. Check the P/N of your existing key and go to any locksmith. They will simply copy your transponder data onto the new blank one and cut the blade at the same time. The blank online cost us £8, cutting and the transponder copy was £50.