Aftermarket Radio/Head Unit

Hello

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket radio to a superb mk 2. I have a 2010 modeland tried to fit a pioneer system a few years back.

I ended up with an airbag error as therewas no where to connect the airbag sensor. I ended up reverting back to the original bolero.

Cheers

Rory

11 minutes ago, langers2k said:

You need a facia which has the airbag warning light fitted, much like this example on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274355927055

You can then either use a Colmbus shaped headunit or use a double din kit to fit a more traditional rectangular headunit.

Thanks Langers. So if i connect the airbag connector to this, and turn on engine, the warning light will not appear?

I don't know if you're thinking of an Android unit but I bought a Joying about a year ago. It was a straight replacement with the Skoda surround (with airbag warning) fitting perfectly. There has been a few issues, the main one being Google voice calling not working even though other voice actions, such as Google maps work. It came with its own canbus so steering wheel controls work. There's lots of info on xda developers/android headunits. 

I think you will now need VCDS to clear the airbag warning light

Edited by ashfan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I put Android unit to my Superb. Additionally front and rear camera were mounted also. Everything works perfect; steering wheel command, park sensors are shown on the unit display, rear camera works fine. Aditionally with OBD2 adaptor I can use Torque app. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/05/2020 at 10:50, Tomaz said:

Hello, I put Android unit to my Superb. Additionally front and rear camera were mounted also. Everything works perfect; steering wheel command, park sensors are shown on the unit display, rear camera works fine. Aditionally with OBD2 adaptor I can use Torque app. 

Hi. Could you share which one you used and any issues or additional parts needed? This replaced a Columbus? Thanks 

Hello, sorry for late reply. I contacted one local shop in my region and he bring head unit HIZPO (Made in China of course). 

This is photo of the unit:

Android.thumb.jpg.c756c0a1b9415f1082a6416fffc45e6c.jpg

And here is link from Aliexpress store, I believe that this is the same item: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32907636865.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.15.6ee67834b19SOU .

He just plug it any additional stuff needed. OK, he put latter just some stuff to make stronger radio signal. Front and rear camera works great. 

Originally in my car was Bolero head unit.

2018246594_BoleroSkoda.jpg.4dec381b9ae15d9a7a805cb25f4e784a.jpg

Hello,

I have a Superb II 3T Sedan with a simple Bolero Delphi unit 3T0 035 156C and aim to replace it with an new radio + to add a Rear Camera. I am considering the RCD 360 PRO Green (6RD 035 187B) but am not sure. 

For me Key is AppleCar, Green light and the Camera support. RDS would be nice but like many other things is secondary.

Can someone share his experience doing the same or similar? 

What is the difference between RCD 360PRO  and 330PLUS?

What camera have you used (I am for a build in option)?

Do I need a delay box for the camera?

What Frame to use?

This what I am consid

€ 159,14  33% Off | Green Android Auto Carplay Noname RCD360 PRO Green Light Green Menu MIB Car Radio New 6RD 035 187B For VW Volkswagen Skoda
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dV96QAM

€ 15,74  33% Off | GreenYi 170 Degree 1920x1080P Vehicle Rear View Camera for Skoda Roomster Fabia Octavia Yeti Rapid superb for Audi A1 A4L A3 Car
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BfhRHefq

Any other you have and suggest please share.

Thx.

AAF64087-5FB7-4D9C-8E31-59DB82C0FAAB.jpeg

4E6B0E1D-CFFD-42A9-9C2A-20EBEDA1D0BC.jpeg

8C650FEF-5A56-4A2A-948B-3221D46CEBDE.jpeg

0B2B878C-6398-47FF-88BD-45680E56A4AB.jpeg