petrol fuel filter replacement

Hi

I have bought a petrol fuel filter to replace the original item after 25000 mls but I don't know if it is suitable

The old part number is 6Q0201051J the vehicle is a Fabia Estate 1.2 12valve fitted with the 70HP engine (HSP)

The new item is 6Q0201051C for the 60HP engine and is stamped 4bar on the base. (its actually a Crosland F30135) 

Can this be fitted as a replacement without causing damage? A slight drop in performance would be acceptable

Dave

Is this really a worthwhile task to perform at that mileage?I would expect it to carry on working perfectly for at least twice if not three times that distance. I changed the one on our 2005 HTP shortly after we purchased the car at 100k miles (genuine replacement), it now has 175k and runs well.

The suffix-C part is just what was used pre-2011. https://oemwolf.com/oem-parts/6q0201051c.html#replacements

Directly compatible as I understand it, but being aftermarket, it may be of inferior quality

Edited by Wino

Good plan, I bought a filter + pressure regulator + coupling repair kit for my wife's 2002 VW Polo 1.4 16V, moved that car on at 13 years and 105K miles, filter bits sill hiding in the airing cupboard, I have not got the heart to bin them, it just does not seem the correct thing to do!

Not buying them in the first place would have been my better plan - all genuine VW Group parts.