Bluetooth connection stopped

Hi there, new to the forum but struggling to get help with this issue due to Skoda garages being closed. 

I've previously enjoyed bluetooth connectivity to my Huawei PRO20. About 3 weeks ago I lost connectivity with no apparent reason. Can anyone through any light on why this might happen? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

If the phone has had a recent Android update it might be worth clearing deleting it form the Superb's bluetooth menu and re discovering it.

You'll need to do it on the maxidot on the main instrument binnacle (between speedo and revs)

Use the right hand scroll wheel on the steering wheel to go into the settings 

Edited by a666andy

Check under the front (passenger?) seat for the BT module as it seems to be AWOL.

I'd unplug it, give it 30 seconds and plug it back in to see if that helps...

12 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Check under the front (passenger?) seat for the BT module as it seems to be AWOL.

I'd unplug it, give it 30 seconds and plug it back in to see if that helps...

Can this unit be under driver seat? 

Just now, Violinmanuk said:

Can this unit be under driver seat? 

I believe so or it could be an amp (where fitted) - although the amp should be obvious as it'll probably be covered in aluminium cooling fins.

Feel free to add some pictures to help ID what you've got.

2 hours ago, Violinmanuk said:

Aye just like geean the auld telly a bang on the top. 

Hmm - used to repair unreliable TV's like that - ones with valves in!

Edited by bigjohn

On 20/05/2020 at 20:49, Violinmanuk said:

I was manager for visionhire many moons ago

I used to buy ex rental Pye hybrid chassis TV's  and do them up and sell on. To be honest except for chasing bad solder joints becasue of the heat I rarely had to replace valves even after a major line output transformer fail, they were pretty robust - the all transistor sets from that time used to expensively self destruct on this sort of failure. Made me a couple of squid back in the day.

I've been working in IT for a few decades now - and the old TV ways came in handy a few years ago when I encountered a three gun projector that had been moved. I was setting it up to check all the equipment worked and someone mentioned there was a company coming in to converge it - slight problem, I'd already done it, sort of muscle memory from the past!

The only hybrids I'll be considering now will have four wheels!

• 2 years later...
On 22/02/2023 at 13:27, skomaz said:

I have a T55 and have used it pretty extensively on older Skodas and other cars.  It's a bit clunky and worked well with our 2001 Mk1 Fabia and 2007 Mk2 Octavia but doesn't want to work with the 2018 Kodiaq we now have...  presumably because systems have moved on.  I spoke to Gendan about this as the T55 comes with a USB update cable and I'd hoped to get it to work but they said they had no updates for it.  I did find one from the manufacturer some time ago though but haven't yet bothered to try it as recently I've used Carista or similar for the Kodiaq.

On 20/05/2020 at 12:31, Violinmanuk said:

Sorted guts, excellent support. Pulling power out to reboot BT worked a treat. 

Are we talking under the passenger seat or on the floor under the drivers seat and do you pull the plugs with th e ignition on?

My Bluetooth (2012 Superb 2l estate) soft key Bluetooth button, while present (top right hand side), is no longer green and every time connecting to my telephone when it asks to connect and offers four sets of the same numbers as code it is always rejected. I have no Bluetooth facility anymore. I have rebooted the Columbus twice an have disconnected the under my drivers seat four times. No change.

Edited by CosmoJ

2 hours ago, CosmoJ said:

My Bluetooth (2012 Superb 2l estate) soft key Bluetooth button, while present (top right hand side), is no longer green and every time connecting to my telephone when it asks to connect and offers four sets of the same numbers as code it is always rejected. I have no Bluetooth facility anymore. I have rebooted the Columbus twice an have disconnected the under my drivers seat four times. No change.

In the last few months, there has been a run of Columbus units loosing the plot.  This might be an early indication of impending failure.

Maybe you need to find out what firmware is loaded on there now so you can either load same version if available, or update firmware potentially to stabilise system?

Wow, How does one find and do this? I have just removed the Bluetooth unit under my seat as when it is disconnected the Bluetooth symbol soft key top right hand corner of the Columbus screen vanishes altogether. Reconnecting the unit brings back the now functionless soft key so I removed the unit assuming that it's ****ed.