Fuel Filler Door replacement

teamt84

Morning,

A friend of mine has managed to break the fuel filler door off on her Citigo. I've found a genuine replacement on ebay for not a lot of ££ but was just wondering if anyone has any experience replacing one?

I'm hoping it's fairly straighforward but thought I better check before volounteering my services 😂

Any instructions/tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Aaaah! What is not obvious is the amount of road muck which is caked around the back end of the unit to be removed.

It was like concrete on mine.

Pushing in the screwdriver did not release the clips.  Too caked up. So took a chance and with packing under the driver, levered it out.

Pulled the drain hose out with the unit and washed it off.

Repair using epoxy is difficult - holding 5 min epoxy in place for 5 mins is difficult so,  out with the Hot Glue Gun.

Epoxy on the break and a blob of hot glue in a couple of places held it all in place while the epoxy sets.

The drain tube doesn't go back but as the area is mucky anyway, I just left it hanging.

So now I know. If  the flap disappears I will buy a new unit and try to avoid busting it by rushing.

Edited by Arcadash