Adding USB ports in armrest?

5 hours ago, Danoid said:

Awesome thanks, I was hoping it was a normal push in 12v rather than remove the existing.

I’ll see if any push in ones work with spacing first.

just to confirm as well, i’ll need to remove the rear ash tray and rear vents or the whole surround which has the clock/temps?

thanks

The push in version which goes into the existing 12v socket will sit too high.

Hence why I replaced the existing 12v socket with the USB socket.

If u want to simply convert the socket, then yes it does require u to remove the bottom compartment/console/ashtray.

If u want to run a USB cable from it to the inside of ur armrest centre console, then yes u need to remove the surround, air vents and controls.

Edited by JR RS

• 2 months later...

Evening all, 

Quick question about you wireless adapter @JR RS if I may, i was under the impression these needed to be connected to the data port for android auto, have i got this wrong, is it just power thats required?

Been looking at getting one and if the one your using is power only would make life alot easier for me 😀.

1 hour ago, Zeek88 said:

Evening all, 

Quick question about you wireless adapter @JR RS if I may, i was under the impression these needed to be connected to the data port for android auto, have i got this wrong, is it just power thats required?

Been looking at getting one and if the one your using is power only would make life alot easier for me 😀.

The AAWireless adaptor needs to b connected to the car's USB data port.

Power only port will simply just power the dongle and have no connection to the car's headunit for Android Auto or CarPlay.