What are your Sportline 2.0 TSI mpg?

Viperdt

Hi guys

I've put a deposit down on a Karoq Sportline 2.0tsi and wondering what everyone's mpg is and how many miles do you get out of a tank of fuel? 

I'm coming from a MK3 Octavia VRS TDI which I've averaged 46mpg over the last 7k miles.

Not doing the mileage anymore to warrant a diesel engine and dpf regens are getting more frequent.

Cheers 

I have no idea what the 2.0tsi economy is like as I've never driven one but what I do remember is when I ordered my 1.5tsi, noticing how close both 'real world' mpg figures were.

I've always used HonestJohn real mpg as the best gauge - much better gathering the opinions of many rather than the few on here ( HJ's site also roots out mad unrealistic extreames some people try to claim as their average on Briskoda ).

Only had our 1.5dsg since December, it's used 90% of the time for town work and returns on average 38mpg. HJ says Mr Joe Average can expect 39.3 so just like every other car I've owned, HJ figures are a great indication.

According to HJ Mr Joe Average should expect 38mpg  from a 2.0tsi 4x4 DSG which if true, is outstanding IMO. If that engine had been available on the Edition model, I'd have bought it.

MPG in the high 30's would be ideal for me. I've had a look at HJ's and some have said around 38 mpg so fingers crossed around the figure 👍

i've got a 2.0 TSI sportline the MPG is ok in it its on par with the octy TSI vRS I had.

Going to work i get 22 MPG as got to go throw town to get there and it only 4 miles.

on a long run the best i've had out of it is 38.7 MPG in eco mode on average i get 32/33 MPG on long runs in normal mode.

having fun in sport mode with the DSG in sport it low 20 MPG is on average what i get but have seen 18 MPG but it was new then. 

But i did't buy my sportline for the MPG so i think it fine and you got the 4x4 system and the DSG box as well that not helping the MPG.

12 minutes ago, Viperdt said:

Mid 30's mpg is doable. I'm hoping to be near the 400 miles out of a tank but think that's wishful thinking. 

Mid 30's mpg is not that bad for the car as it's got a 2.0 TSI engine 7SP DSG gearbox and 4x4 and weight is 2.1 tonnes 

2 hours ago, Viperdt said:

When you put it like that it makes me feel better. I'm looking forward to going to dsg for a change. 

The DSG box is very good I love the gearbox makes things easier and you can put in manual if you when to do it yourself 👍😎

6 hours ago, Rsrob said:

Mid 30's mpg is not that bad for the car as it's got a 2.0 TSI engine 7SP DSG gearbox and 4x4 and weight is 2.1 tonnes 

The GVW is 2.1 tonnes but the quoted kerbweight is c. 1.5 tonnes.  

Hoofing my wife's 190 TDI SE L around, as we do, it usually returns about 38 mpg.  I suspect that we might be getting just into the 30's range if we'd bought a TSI. 

Agreed on the DSG.  We previously had a 184 TDI Tiguan with the same 7 speed DSG and wouldn't go back to a manual. Except that I did when I bought a Yeti earlier this year......🤔

Edited by Schtum

My average is 31 mpg giving about 350 miles from full tank. For reference my previous Q3 diesel did 40 mpg and 550 miles. Same driving pattern, engine power, DSG and 4-wheel drive, so the 9 mpg difference is attributable to diesel v petrol. 

• 2 months later...

I had a 2010 Octavia VRS TSI and my 2019 Karoq 2.0TSI is definitely better than that, on a long "sensible" journey ie M3, M25 where speed limited then I've had over 40Mpg average. Locally driving generally 30-35mpg average. 

It is also possible to get well under 30mpg with some spirited driving and on the paddles ;)

Getting more mileage in now lockdown easing. My average has improved to 34mpg over mainly rural roads. Best is mid 40's over 50 miles on mainly A-roads at a near constant 55-60 mph.  Very impressed with car overall and certainly better value than the equivalent Q3.