Amudsen/Columbus ebay?

LoveYeti

Hello,

I saw some Columbus and Amudsen hu on ebay. But they are for skoda Octavia. Would it be different for a Yeti?

Also sellers mentioned about a PIN included. Would it work for my Yeti?

Thank you

The Amundsen and Columbus names have been reused a few times for vastly different headunits.

The Amundsen (RNS-310), Amundsen+ (RNS-315) and  Columbus (RNS-510) variants as used in MK2 Octavia's should work in a Yeti. The PIN is needed to unlock the headunit. Depending on the age of your Yeti, you might have a new MIB headunit. If so, you'd also need quadlock adaptor as they changed from 40 to 52pins.

It might be worth confirming what headunit you currently have and what you're wanting to add. Feel free to add a picture if you're not sure :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a Bolero, my yeti feom 2015. Thank you for your kind reply. I created a topic in the Yeti section so I don't mess here :)

I take into consideration a number of pins.

Thank  you!

Yes, I created a second topic in a correct section for Yeti.

This is my Bolero as I can see MIB style. I was not aware that there are two styles. OK more question to Uncle Google.

Thank you :)

I'm so confused.. what path to chose something skoda/vw or maybe Desay,noname, or xtrons..

There is one thing I'm sure - I will not pay for MirrorLink.

IMG_20200521_110717931.jpg

Now we understand what you currently have, what functionally are you trying to add or improve?

From your list above:

- If you fit a Amundsen (RNS-310) or Columbus (RNS-510) you're going to lose bluetooth. You'd need to add a separate BT module and wiring to get it back which won't be cheap - probably £100-200.

- If you fit a Amundsen+ (RNS-315), make sure you select a unit with BT otherwise you'll have the same problem as above.

- The RCD-330 isn't bad but I found the noname version slightly buggy, newer firmware might be better?

- Never used a xtrons or other similar Chinese Android units either but I wouldn't recommend one.

Personally, I think it's a step backwards to fit the older RNS/RCD headunits. I've used a RNS-310, RNS-510, RCD-330 and MIB Amundsen in my MK2 Octavia and the MIB are by far the best...

Might be worth contacting @pab567 as he might be able to help you activate Android Auto/Carplay depending on the hardware version of your Bolero. If the hardware is too old, he might have a newer MIB Bolero/Amundsen to sell which fully support Android Auto/Carplay and can help with component protection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, langers2k said:

Now we understand what you currently have, what functionally are you trying to add or improve?

(..)

Might be worth contacting @pab567 as he might be able to help you activate Android Auto/Carplay depending on the hardware version of your Bolero.

Hello again,

What I'm currently missing is Android Auto, so I can cast my mobile screen. I find my mobile screen too small when I use google map. I have BT and I appreciate that fact.

I can see that pab567 is very popular here and I saw many his post. He must be the guru and I shall contact him.

Thank you for your patience and clarification.

I'm also reluctant to buy a Chinese unit even it looks all pretty and advanced.

I don't think the Chinese headunits support Android Auto even though they are Android based. Nor do the older RNS headunits. 😕

I think if your car was built after May 2015 then it should support Smartlink with Android Auto. If it's older, it may only support Mirrorlink and will need replacing.

Either way, Pab should confirm exactly what you options are. Good luck!

• Thanks 1