UK configuration

Early days but there appears to be a limited config choice on UK website on engine combinations - no petrol DSG yet.

Even allowing for the limited choice, the system throws up some weird options. Canton is now a £685 option BUT it's part of a bundle so it's only available if you chose electric boot opening (£395) or electric boot with foot pedal (£580), which then takes you on to another screen where you have to pick from 5 other options - from child safety lock at £50 all the way up to camera / LED lights and silly indicators at, wait for it...  £1850 !!!!!   But it's doesn't stop there, you also have to add the spare wheel at £180.

I hope the new Canton is on par with Audi's Bang and Olufson or Mercs Burmester because those are bloody expensive speakers.

I believe this is due to WLTP testing. It seems each car now needs to be tested with every possible configuration available.

By grouping options into packs, it drastically reduces the overall number of possible configurations and thus the number of tests required.

On 17/06/2020 at 06:35, mac11irl said:

thats insane money for some speakers/ car radio.

is the canton really that good in a mk3???

No... I have it in the mk3 and its disappointing to say the least!

• Sad 1

On 19/06/2020 at 21:09, pist0nbr0ke said:

I believe this is due to WLTP testing. It seems each car now needs to be tested with every possible configuration available.

By grouping options into packs, it drastically reduces the overall number of possible configurations and thus the number of tests required.

That explains the odd add-ons I was experiencing!  Bit annoying when I'm on a limited company car budget and I can't add the thing I want as it adds a bunch of things I don't, taking me over my limit!  😝

Oh well, I worked out a reasonable selection and work are now apparently 'getting quotes from dealers' so my order is hopefully in progress! Anyone heard news of production times from ordering?