Drivers side door wiring

Got a nice wee surprise yesterday when my drivers window stopped working.

30CEBAC9-3FF6-451B-A938-FBC210885763.thumb.jpeg.3a2373ca2da93d7836e58308787e48d3.jpeg

Obviously a very common problem according to google searches and reading previous posts, My questions being...…If repaired, What's the majority of people do?

Replace the whole door loom for it to happen again?

or

Crimp or solder?

Thanks!

Edited by Mickmartin

replace loom "imo".......

If not would be heatshrinkable inline crimps.

I swapped mine when I did rear elecy window retofit, my original is fine if your interested.

Edited by UrbanPanzer
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UrbanPanzer said:

replace loom "imo".......

If not would be heatshrinkable inline crimps.

I swapped mine when I did rear elecy window retofit, my original is fine if your interested.

Much you after for it mate? I'm swaying towards a new loom and supporting it properly.

...I am actually surprised that the VRS variant doesn't actually come with all round "Leccy" windows... 

Particularly as the option was not that much, from new. Around £180, if memory serves. I wanted it but they had no option for it, on the Greenline. I should have refused to buy without it! 

The dealer said they could retro-fit it but it would cost a chunk more then the list price... I could not be bothered at that point.

Oh, MickMartin, it may well be worth a quick look at the other side, as well. They do have the tendency to break. I have used either the little block connectors or crimped male/female terminals, with shrink-wrap slid across. Does the job but new would be better. Around £80-odd quid a side, though!

Edited by mrgf

Thanks all.

£30 the Auto electrician charged me to solder the wires and I took him 45 mins, All is good for now although he did let me know that my rear drivers side door wasn't locking😩. The lock mechanism is clicking away but the door wont actually lock which makes me believe the latch may need adjusted, a job for the weekend.

Thanks for the offer of the part  @UrbanPanzer ,Hopefully that it sorted for now.

10 hours ago, mrgf said:

...I am actually surprised that the VRS variant doesn't actually come with all round "Leccy" windows... 

Particularly as the option was not that much, from new. Around £180, if memory serves. I wanted it but they had no option for it, on the Greenline. I should have refused to buy without it! 

The dealer said they could retro-fit it but it would cost a chunk more then the list price... I could not be bothered at that point.

Oh, MickMartin, it may well be worth a quick look at the other side, as well. They do have the tendency to break. I have used either the little block connectors or crimped male/female terminals, with shrink-wrap slid across. Does the job but new would be better. Around £80-odd quid a side, though!

Its daft to think that some fabias as young as 6 years old don't have electric windows, they really tried to push pennies out of buyers. Mine was supposed to be a "ex demo car"...If so they sure did scrimp on they're demo cars too.

12 hours ago, mrgf said:

I agree, in the brochure I have it was £155, no money, but I suppose it all adds up so you have to decide what you want or a £15000 car quickly becomes £20000

The greenline is listed in the brochure to have optional rear windows, dunno why your dealer said no, but not surprised as most dont know their ass from the head.

It's not that big of a job to add them, and with more and more parts becoming used it dont take long to aquire the "kit".

• Like 2

Yeah, thats the Fabia facelift (1.2). The Greenie non facelift had no option....I am actually surprised that the VRS variant doesn't actually come with all round "Leccy" windows...  The Greenie was meant to more eco-friendly but i can't see power windows weighing more then windy ones and I think ALL Fabias, along with nearly every new car now, has powered front windows. The Greenline was also fairly high priced for a 1.4 variant.

Edited by mrgf
  • Like 1