On the market for a 245

Test drove a 2018 245 DSG estate today thats up for sale at my local Skoda dealer. The results of which pretty well convinced me it was time to return to Octavia estate ownership. 

My only issue with the car was the lack of options fitted from new. After some thought and given amount being spent, I concluded my best option is to hold off and find a 245 with more boxes ticked.

So what options should I be looking for or stay away from?

Thanks guys.

I have the challenge estate dsg . Went for it as came with front parking sensors, dcc and heated alcantara seats. Although the dcc can’t overcome the low pro tyres on 19 inch rims which struggle with my rural potholed roads. I also spec’d the virtual cockpit but to be honest I probably wouldn’t bother again. I’d have added rear usbs if ordering from new as the kids have cables draped all over the place from the front now.

• Thanks 1

The one thing I'd like on my car is the panoramic roof.  

Other than that the standard 245 should come with all the electric stuff I'd have thought.

I've not heard a canton system but the standard system isn't great, however I wouldnt have ever paid the premium they demanded from new for it either!  Basically, if you can get canton, great.

One thing you can't get though is leather seats....  

• Thanks 1

On my 245 estate I went for Front assist, Blind Spot detect, Rear Traffic Alert, Folding Mirrors which included the dimming mirrors as it is a family load lugger I went for additional safety features. Really been impressed with the Octavia however the pull of a Golf R estate has lured me and the fact there is unlikely to be a MK8 R estate I am making the jump. Will be a nice 19plate estate on the market in the next 2 weeks.

Edited by flash222004
  • Thanks 1