MK3 power hatch opening

I have a 2018 L&K. It has started opening the hatch all by itself! I will park it and next time I look the tailgate is open. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

3 minutes ago, john999boy said:

You probably are unlocking it inadvertently from your fob. Do you keep the keys on your pocket?

This ^^^^ 

The buttons on the remote are pretty flush and VERY easy to press whist in a pocket (and you can also drop all the windows by mistake) 

The exact same thing happens to me.

Have you got a ring doorbell?

Does it only happen when it's park at home?

The reason I ask is that this first started happening to my S class shortly after I had a ring doorbell fitted.

It can still happen on my Skoda superb.

I took video footage of it from my cctv system to my main Skoda dealer dealer but no issues were found.

The way I have got round it is by placing my keys in a faraday pouch.

I believe what happens is the ring video doorbell chime sets off the key fob and that then opens the boot?

Either way it has never opened when it is in the faraday pouch.

This is definitely a thing. I can't figure out a pattern, but it's definitely not the key fob as, when you open the boot with the keyfob, there is an audible beep and you can also then close the boot with the same keyfob button.

When it happen 'roguely', it's silent whilst opening apart from the initial beep. Basically it's like it has been activated by the foot sensor of from within.

Only pattern I can find is:

1. Mainly/usually after I've closed or locked a door and as I'm walking towards the rear - but now where near the foot sensor (still at the side of the vehicle. 

This doesn't happen all the time. 

2. Luckily, I've only noticed it open when returning to my vehicle 2-3 times when I can categorically say it wasn't my keyfob.

Problem is, when I've taken it in, I simply get a 'computer says no' response from the garage(s).

Definitely a thing though.

Thanks Syanide, I was wondering as i've parked outside my house and after some time my wife has said that the boot is open. I remember my Vectra had a problem where the engine management warning came on, was told it was a software glitch, 3 model updates and the problem was still there, but Vauxhall insisted there wasn't a problem. Maybe I should have a word with my local dealer.

How many keys do you have?

Try using a different key if you have more than one or buy a small faraday pouch and keep the key in it in your pocket.

Can you not get the virtual foot pedal disabled, if you think that is causing the problem?

56 minutes ago, A1cos said:

How many keys do you have?

Try using a different key if you have more than one or buy a small faraday pouch and keep the key in it in your pocket.

Can you not get the virtual foot pedal disabled, if you think that is causing the problem?

Im not sure the foot pedal is the problem, I was just saying the effect is like that. However, the foot pedal is a very nifty feature and I use it a lot when I have my hands full. 

I have a Faraday Pouch, but not checked to see if it still happens while key is in there. 

Like I said, it's not the key because if it was, there would be audible beeps as the boot opens which there definitely isn't. 

The thing is whenever its happened to mine there is also no audible bleeps either.

I was leaning into the boot one time when it was already opened and it started to shut on me and I don't have auto boot closure?

3 hours ago, A1cos said:

The one common denominator is that mine has never opened when its in a faraday pouch, so I presume that something is activating he fob.

Ok, I will test and measure... And report back.