Boot Lid Problems

Hello All. I have a 2010 Skoda Superb, so a MK 2. My boot will not open. AT the same time this fault occurred the reversing lights ceased to function. I also get a sys info warning Check Left Rversing Light, followed by Check Right ..... It also warns to check Rear Fog Light. I dont think I even have those. Its pretty hard to do anything with the boot locked shut! Does anyone know of a way I can manually open the boot??

Firstly, check fuses.  https://www.autogenius.info/skoda-superb-2010-2011-fuse-box-diagram/

Check F29 under the Bonnet; However it does sound like a cable fault (supplying power to the boot lid release, and rear lights).  There should also be an emergency boot release.

Check the manual located at: https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Model/Superb_3T

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/07/2020 at 15:12, varaderoguy said:

Page 217 show emergency boot release.

Thanks varaderoguy for your reply and suggestions. Unfortunately my Superb was built in March 2010 and I can find nothing helpful in the manuals you referred to. I think later models may have an emergency boot release, perhaps after faults like I am having.

On 24/07/2020 at 04:42, drefaldwyn said:

It may be broken wires in the vicinity of the twin door hinge - common problem! Have a search on the forum for Twin Door issues. 

Drefaldwyn 

Many Thanks to bigjohn and drefaldwyn for their replies and suggestions. Thanks to all of you. You were 100% on the money. Broken wires in wiring loom running down left side of hatch type boot lid. I paid a mechanic to repair them. Was $300, nearly all labour of course, but the info I found here helped immensely in identifying the fault.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Hi, I’m now in a similar position albeit all electrics (lights, wiper etc) seem to be functioning except the boot release switch ( that makes no noise at all either from a manual push or from the remote key fobs.) 30A fuse appears to be ok.

Did you manage to find a way to manually open (and then lock) the boot?

As you say the Superb Mkii 2009-2015 doesn’t appear to have the emergency release inside to boot.