Oem cup holder with double din

Just wondered if anyone has got the oem cup holder and a aftermarket double din radio fitted as well, it sucks to only have one cup holder but don't want to waste money buying one if it won't fit together. 

I have a pioneer double din/sat nav, I found the dash to be quite tight fitting the head unit, so much so I had to relieve the side panels where there’s square cutouts already a little further, to allow the release keys to sit in there correctly.

I then went ahead and tried fitting a new dash cup holder from TPS, to which I found it to be a tight squeeze, you could get it in there, but it pinched the cup holder mechanism too much, so that it didn’t voluntarily spring out correctly, it got stuck at a certain point.

I gave up with it to be honest after trying to cut more out of the side panel by shaving the plastic with a surgical blade.  I did persevere mind you, but thought it would never function correctly.

luckily was able to return to TPS for a refund.

Dean

Edited by RallyeSport77

There is a specific cup holder that Skoda designed to fit when the factory sat nav was fitted, which is double din.

You can see there is a slight curve to the side compared to the normal one which is a straight edge. I assume this is to stop it catching.

4986333506_19a33df86d_b.jpg

Best of luck ever finding one though!

Part nos.

Standard cup holder: 6Y0862531H

Cup holder for navigation 6Y0862531J

drinks%20holder_zps1dphzt6h.png~original

Edited by softscoop

On 07/07/2020 at 12:51, RallyeSport77 said:

I have a pioneer double din/sat nav, I found the dash to be quite tight fitting the head unit, so much so I had to relieve the side panels where there’s square cutouts already a little further, to allow the release keys to sit in there correctly.

I then went ahead and tried fitting a new dash cup holder from TPS, to which I found it to be a tight squeeze, you could get it in there, but it pinched the cup holder mechanism too much, so that it didn’t voluntarily spring out correctly, it got stuck at a certain point.

I gave up with it to be honest after trying to cut more out of the side panel by shaving the plastic with a surgical blade.  I did persevere mind you, but thought it would never function correctly.

luckily was able to return to TPS for a refund.

Dean

Yeah I have the older pioneer double din, it has a second facia that fits round the head unit. I thought I could get the oem panels for the top and right hand side as well as the cupholder to fit, unsure on what to do now. 

I would have bought the standard cup holder, I didn’t realise the sat nav variant was available, I can only vouch for my own setup and I know the standard squared edged type doesn’t eject properly with my stereo.

if I knew the ‘J’ variant was slightly slimmer I’d buy it again, but buying through TPS special order you have to keep it, luckily mine was faulty so took it back.

On 07/07/2020 at 13:55, softscoop said:

There is a specific cup holder that Skoda designed to fit when the factory sat nav was fitted, which is double din.

You can see there is a slight curve to the side compared to the normal one which is a straight edge. I assume this is to stop it catching.

4986333506_19a33df86d_b.jpg

Best of luck ever finding one though!

Part nos.

Standard cup holder: 6Y0862531H

Cup holder for navigation 6Y0862531J

drinks%20holder_zps1dphzt6h.png~original

I might have to try get the nav cupholder, I just don't want to waste my money getting one if its a pig to fit 

21 minutes ago, RallyeSport77 said:

I would have bought the standard cup holder, I didn’t realise the sat nav variant was available, I can only vouch for my own setup and I know the standard squared edged type doesn’t eject properly with my stereo.

if I knew the ‘J’ variant was slightly slimmer I’d buy it again, but buying through TPS special order you have to keep it, luckily mine was faulty so took it back.

Do tps sell the nav cupholder or are you saying its special order so if it didn't fit I'd have to keep it? 

I’m not sure it’s available sorry, I know the standard one was earlier this year.  Give them a try.

If you order something that’s a non stock item, and you find it still won’t work, you’ll have to keep it.  They have to order it in special from Germany/Czech Republic.

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted and works well, if a slight tweak needed to allow to pop out and click back in again.

Grab these while you can, I’m sure their in short supply, especially being rare to find items.

Definitely better fit than the standard single din type.CD8C3E1D-B22F-47A3-8F7D-C423E1D3B16C.thumb.jpeg.a3eb640d15560e88a38db1a405a631f0.jpeg

FEEDC87A-FD40-46AE-89BB-4CEEACCED6F8.jpeg

• Like 1