Orders for a MY21 Karoq?

CJJE

For anyone else like me, who has ordered a Karoq to be built as a MY21 car, Skoda have now given us access to the updated owners manual at https://manual.skoda-auto.com/210/en-gb/Model/Karoq_NU

Interestingly it says it's covering Karoqs from 2020/05! 

As we know, Area View will now be offered, as well as Trailer Assist, the MIB3 Infotainment systems, and the updated multi-functional steering wheels. Well the new owners manual tells you all about them so you can get to grips with how they will work :) 

It looks like Media files can only be stored on USB drives or Bluetooth connected phones now, so goodbye to my audio CDs and SD memory cards 😞 But it does seem to offer web radio stations and internet connection. As the latter seems to be needed for voice control to work, I'm hoping Skoda UK will be adding it as standard... but am still waiting for my dealer to get back to me with more details of the options we will have. I've already asked for Area View to be added to my car (anticipating a price of around £500) but he seems to be struggling to get the official price for it so far and actually get it added in. 

Chris

35 minutes ago, bigjohn said:

Infotainment looks improved and a usb C is available near the mirror to run a dash cam (EDIT found in the manual mentioned above)

https://www.eurekar.co.uk/articles/2020-06-30/skoda-switches-to-more-tech

Yes, according to the Skoda France pricelist, the extra USB-C socket will be a £50 option.

• Like 1

My dealer still hasn't come back to me this week to confirm that he has been able to add Area View to my order... and I'm beginning to wonder if Skoda UK are not going to offer it to us in the UK! 

They've got form for this of course, as we aren't allowed to buy 5 seater Kodiaqs (apart from the base level trim) while they are available in the rest of Europe. I've heard it said that they want to ensure there is a clear gap in the market positioning for the Karoq and Kodiak (even though I'm sure many Kodiaq buyers who will never use the third row of seats would like to have it's enormous boot space and save around £1000 (which is the price differential in France between 5 and 7 seat Kodiaqs. 

So I'm fearing that they are going to treat Area View in the same way, and restrict it to the Kodiaq even though it's now being offered in the Karoq 😞 

And I'll bet trying to add it myself later will cost an arm and a leg more than £500! 

Chris

Yes, I’m not sure I understand Skoda sometimes.   I have a 7 seater Kodiaq, I would have preferred 5 seats.  I have the Kodiaq as it’s the only one my Wife’s electric wheelchair will fit in, I will never use the back row of seats, as there is a wheelchair on top of them.  

I’m not really bothered about Area view, I don’t have it, but my Dad has. I don’t think it’s that useful.   Reversing camera yes, area view, I’m not convinced.

The MY21 configurator is now available at https://cc.skoda-auto.com/gbr/en-GB/.

The USB-C socket by the rear mirror (to power a dashcam) will cost £130! (Much more than it is listed in the Skoda France price list!)

Area View is £575 (again quite a bit more than the French price) and also seems to be restricted to high-level trims and requires other assist options too. 

And wireless charging for phones is back (for £270).

All these prices are dependent on the trim level though, and I've noticed on Sportline trim wireless charging and a heated steering wheel are now standard.

Chris 

3 hours ago, CJJE said:

The MY21 configurator is now available at https://cc.skoda-auto.com/gbr/en-GB/.

The USB-C socket by the rear mirror (to power a dashcam) will cost £130! (Much more than it is listed in the Skoda France price list!)

Area View is £575 (again quite a bit more than the French price) and also seems to be restricted to high-level trims and requires other assist options too. 

And wireless charging for phones is back (for £270).

All these prices are dependent on the trim level though, and I've noticed on Sportline trim wireless charging and a heated steering wheel are now standard.

Chris 

Be VERY VERY careful what you wish for.   Hey, you may well be correct, the thing is nobody else knows about this - INCLUDING SKODA !!!!!  The website you have provided is not the one accessed via Skoda UK. If you look it does not give any build number beside the config or provide a scan code.  If I were to take an educated guess, I'd say it's work-in-progress without being finalised.

See the Kodiaq thread for my problems ordering a car over the past days.

Your website gives details of a 1.5Tsi DSG Kodiaq.  A broker was also advertising this at the weekend along with all the new option prices. I selected the car and the options I wanted and I submitted the details. In the meantime I asked my local dealer about it - they knew nothing. I asked Skoda about it - they told me to keep checking website. On Monday evening the 1.5 Sportsline was pulled.   I received a call this morning from broker apologising saying that model wasn't available and that Skoda may or may not introduce it to the UK at a later date.

I don't know what that website you've referenced above is - I don't know if it's a test website or whatever, but as things stand at the moment it's perhaps not a great idea to go along with it as the information is wrong. Haven't paid any attention to the Karoq but common sense indicates some of the Kodiaq options are so obviously wrong.

Edited by Guest

On the contrary! If you click on the 'Build Your Own' link on the Skoda UK website it takes you to the website I quoted above. AFAIK there has never been a configurator on the Skoda UK site itself, it has always linked to the main Skoda site with a 'en-GB' identifier so that we see the options Skoda UK have graciously given us. 

3 hours ago, CJJE said:

On the contrary! If you click on the 'Build Your Own' link on the Skoda UK website it takes you to the website I quoted above. AFAIK there has never been a configurator on the Skoda UK site itself, it has always linked to the main Skoda site with a 'en-GB' identifier so that we see the options Skoda UK have graciously given us. 

Don't take this as offensive offense but just proves how dangerous armchair experts can be.    No, those pages are different.  I noticed this at the weekend but had the sense not to mention it on the Kodiaq thread - said I was waiting on confirmation because it all looked weird to me. And given there was only one broker ( drive the deal ) who provided prices added to my suspicions something was amiss. After contacting DTD who in turn contacted Skoda, the price updates were withdrawn as of Monday night. DTD called me this morning to explain the situation.

If we're just talking about Karoq, then accessing the configurator direct, you will notice that both SEL and Edition have 19" crator alloys.

625970394_karoqdirect.thumb.JPG.6801d234c73228fbad1ea41339118374.JPG

If you link to the page from Skoda UK website, you will see SEL has it's normal 18" alloys.

1843531428_karoquk.JPG.b702673e622dc938d56ecac8c90ff6ae.JPG

As I said above going to the website direct throws up all sorts of questions re: options.

If you access configurator via skoda UK website you will see the cheapest Kodiaq Sportline you can configure is the 2.0tdi DSG 4x4.  If you access it direct, up pops a 1.5tsi DSG 2wd. That's the car I was interested in and the car that Skoda UK claim doesn't exist but may be available in the future.

The configuration options for the Kodiaq are all over the place but as this is a Karoq thread I'll put out an example of what I mean.

If you access the configurator direct, under an SEL you will see an option under practicality for Adaptive lane Assist, Blind Spot Detection and Traffic Jam assist. This option costs £1100 but additionally requires adaptive cruise control (£450) as part of the bundle. So total cost is £1550.  However the next option available to select is Adaptive lane Assist, Blind Spot Detection and Traffic jam Assist but this time with emergency assist. The cost is still £1100. However that too is part of a bundle that requires Adaptive Cruise Control ( £450 ) or the Driver Assistance package at £1240

It makes no sense whatsoever, it's inconsistant. In my experience with publishing websites, this is something I would have on my test site that wasn't available to be accessed by the general public until I'd finalised it. 

If you then access the configurator via the Skoda UK website, neither of these options are available. That live configurator has Lane Assist and Blind Spot Detect at £930 and is not part of any bundle. There is no mention of Driver assistance package and no mention of traffic jam assist etc.

As I said above, the configurator website you access directly gives false information. It is NOT the website linked to the configurator on the Skoda UK website My best guess is this may be what will occur in the future, who knows it may go live once the 3 free months PCP and extra incentives deals have finished - nobody knows,  but it's certainly not live at the moment and should be used as interest only. It has to be work in progress simply because even by Skoda's standards, the amount of conflicting info is incredible.

If what you say is true then can you please order me up a 1.5tsi DSG Sportline in Race Blue ...and I'll pay you commissison. :D

The configurator currently accessed via Skoda UK official website is NOT the 2021 models.

Edited by Guest

Hi Scot5

I can't speak for the Kodiaq configurations, but the link you quote leads me to the same page as the one I quoted. 

The Sportline trim i'm buying seems identical in each, and are clearly MY21 cars as they have the new steering wheel. 

In fact, if I look at the Skoda.co.uk website, they are also showing the MY21 Karoqs there with the new steering wheel - and heated for MY21 in the Sportline unlike the MY20 cars. 

I also see a configuration ID and hovering at the top of the page produces a QR code - which is also printed at the top right of the car card. 

Checking the standard specs on both the Skoda.co.uk website and the configuration website shows the extra features provided on MY21 cars - like the USB-C sockets, Skoda Connect (free for one year) etc. 

My main concern was that Skoda UK were not going to offer Area View on the Karoq, trying to force customers up to the Kodiaq instead (in the same way they refuse to offer the 5 seat Kodiaqs that are sold throughout Europe). So although I'm annoyed that they are inflating the price so much compared with Skoda France, at last it is on offer. 

If you can access a different configurator but still through the same Skoda UK web page I'm baffled. Are you using the top link like me, or the flyout on the right, or the link at the bottom of the page? (They all seem to take me to the same configurator anyway.) 

I note that the options available do depend on the trim level. (Area View is offered for the Sportline and Edition, but not for the SE for instance.)

Chris

PS: I see the 21 July Price & Spec list is now on the Skoda UK website. 

Edited by CJJE
update

I've been looking at the configurator for the last few months, the new website has options that the old didn't have, plus those 19 inch wheels on the SE L, I'd guess the new site is still in a state of flux and it will be relesed to the skoda uk confgurator when it's ready. 

Hope the wheels stay :) they were an expensive option pre MY 21

The new owners manual seems to indicate the basic reversing camera is staying the same grrrr, don't want to pay an extra £500+ just for dynamic guidance lines.

The latest price list tells you all the options that are available in the UK, and it agrees with the configurator. 

The Skoda UK website is also showing the MY21 cars now and gives you details of the standard equipment for each trim level. 

Chris

1 hour ago, CJJE said:

The latest price list tells you all the options that are available in the UK, and it agrees with the configurator. 

The Skoda UK website is also showing the MY21 cars now and gives you details of the standard equipment for each trim level. 

Chris

Yes you're right now, when I looked though it wasn't.

Even on MY21, the metal restfoot is still missing...

Fortunately it has been offered and installed by my dealer