octavia vrs 2019 towbar

8 hours ago, jgcsteve13 said:

cheers but worded wrong . what i actually meant was . iam looking to buy a 2019 vrs and was checking that you can fit a towbar to it

Yep, my local Skoda stealership quoted me £995 for a detachable one to be fitted and coded into the car (I don’t have the wiring prep, so it included that). 

13 hours ago, MTwedVRS said:

Yep, my local Skoda stealership quoted me £995 for a detachable one to be fitted and coded into the car (I don’t have the wiring prep, so it included that). 

Wow that seems a lot.  You can get a Westfalia detachable swanneck fitted at PF Jones for £700 (that's the towbar, dedicated 13 pin electrics, coding and fitting). If your happy to fit and code yourself (as I did on a previous Oct Scout including the dedicated loom) then your looking at £400

Unsure if Skoda quoted for a genuine bar or not but having had a car with the Westfalia and an Oct 3 with a genuine bar, I much prefer the removable operation of the Westfalia over the genuine one.

2 hours ago, ScoutCJB said:

Wow that seems a lot.  You can get a Westfalia detachable swanneck fitted at PF Jones for £700 (that's the towbar, dedicated 13 pin electrics, coding and fitting). If your happy to fit and code yourself (as I did on a previous Oct Scout including the dedicated loom) then your looking at £400

Unsure if Skoda quoted for a genuine bar or not but having had a car with the Westfalia and an Oct 3 with a genuine bar, I much prefer the removable operation of the Westfalia over the genuine one.

Looks about right, parts £400, labour £300, dealership profit £295

Whichever route anyone takes ensure its coded properly, trailer assist can save lives

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1