New Kodiaq on order since March, anyone care to guess when it'll be built?

And here's another cracker from the price list.  Don't they ever check things b4 publishing them?

Kodiaq_price_16th.thumb.JPG.82be4dff85d9c820506530cc4564d43a.JPG

So if you want manual rear roller blinds on your car, it will cost you £205.00

Or for £25 less, you could order a Family Pack at £180 which includes electric child locks, door bin, door edge protectors and those same manual rear roller blinds.  :wall:

I've been saying it for years - when it comes to VW group, stuff gets lost in translation. Simply Bloody Stupid more like.

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

And here's another cracker from the price list.  Don't they ever check things b4 publishing them?

Kodiaq_price_16th.thumb.JPG.82be4dff85d9c820506530cc4564d43a.JPG

So if you want manual rear roller blinds on your car, it will cost you £205.00

Or for £25 less, you could order a Family Pack at £180 which includes electric child locks, door bin, door edge protectors and those same manual rear roller blinds.  :wall:

I've been saying it for years - when it comes to VW group, stuff gets lost in translation. Simply Bloody Stupid more like.

That makes the Family Pack look like good value.........if it's true of course.:tongueout:

It’s all a bit odd.

I’m sure I heard the Scout and Edition had been discontinued now and could not be ordered.

I ordered my car with a manual gearbox, and that is what is on the order.  Only once it arrived with the dealer did it transpire it had been built with a DSG.

After much discussion it finally transpired that they stopped putting manual gearboxes in with some engines during the Covid shutdown.  There was no way I could have one built now and I would have to have the DSG or pick a different engine.   I took the DSG at the price agreed for the manual.

46 minutes ago, GrowlingDog said:

It’s all a bit odd.

Odd? That's putting it mildly.  Before configuring and getting a final ontheroad price for the car and submitting my questions prior to purchase, I spent most of Saturday doing my homework on colours / options etc so that I hadn't overlooked anything. And I came across this little anomaly...

5 hours ago, Roottoot said:

Anyone that goes with an Edition 7 seat  2.0TDI 150ps manual AWD from stock needs to be aware that they can not tow with those.

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 15.05.02.png

Of course Root is correct, look at any Skoda publication of late any you will see you can't tow with this engine. And when the tow bar preparation or built-in tow bar is optioned, you'll see on price list that it's not available with this engine. Great, fine, no problem, we all understand.

So let's have a look at GF20FHY.  Now this well optioned Kodiaq is currently available for sale at Motorline Skoda Medway  and as you can see, it has the auto tow bar option. The weird thing is, it's  listed as the 2.0tdi version where you can't have a tow bar. :thinking:

Now if you're sceptical like me, you might be thinking to yourself that they have it wrong, it's actually the 190ps version rather than the 150ps - a simple typo then?  Not so. If you then look up the DVLA website, that car has been registered as having 178g/km which is as damn near to the 176g/km Skoda claims for the anti-towing 2.0tdi.  ( the extra 2g/km will no doubt be made up buy the numerous options on this car ). 

Skoda's info is all over the f*ing place at the moment.  And to put the icing on the cake, although I haven't heard back from the car I configured, got a price for and made an enquiry pre-purchase only this morning, that particular engine trim combo has just been dropped from their website in the last hour !!!!!!    :wall:   

kodiaq_tow.JPG.f093c510adf1e21924594b3f83c27451.JPG

Edited by Guest

27 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

Odd? That's putting it mildly.  Before configuring and getting a final ontheroad price for the car and submitting my questions prior to purchase, I spent most of Saturday doing my homework on colours / options etc so that I hadn't overlooked anything. And I came across this little anomaly...

Of course Root is correct, look at any Skoda publication of late any you will see you can't tow with this engine. And when the tow bar preparation or built-in tow bar is optioned, you'll see on price list that it's not available with this engine. Great, fine, no problem, we all understand.

So let's have a look at GF20FHY.  Now this well optioned Kodiaq is currently available for sale at Motorline Skoda Medway  and as you can see, it has the auto tow bar option. The weird thing is, it's  listed as the 2.0tdi version where you can't have a tow bar. :thinking:

Now if you're sceptical like me, you might be thinking to yourself that they have it wrong, it's actually the 190ps version rather than the 150ps - a simple typo then?  Not so. If you then look up the DVLA website, that car has been registered as having 178g/km which is as damn near to the 176g/km Skoda claims for the anti-towing 2.0tdi.  ( the extra 2g/km will no doubt be made up buy the numerous options on this car ). 

Skoda's info is all over the f*ing place at the moment.  And to put the icing on the cake, although I haven't heard back from the car I configured, got a price for and made an enquiry pre-purchase only this morning, that particular engine trim combo has just been dropped from their website in the last hour !!!!!!    :wall:   

GF20 FHY is a 2.0 Tdi 150 DSG which can have a tow bar, it’s the manual version that’s not homologated for towing.

Edited by Kenny R

1 hour ago, Kenny R said:

GF20 FHY is a 2.0 Tdi 150 DSG which can have a tow bar, it’s the manual version that’s not homologated for towing.

I'll add that to the long list of inconfeck'nsistancies.  If they meant manual rather than DSG then their wording on their price list is Simply Confusing.

Kodiaq_price_16th.JPG.b4ba0e569b2a9053773b0c2f1e14217a.JPG

PS - On the face of it a minor detail, but it's consistent with the lack of professionalism and quality checking at shambolic Skoda right now. Does nobody audit the content before publishing? It's only potential customers who're viewing this afterall.

Kodiaq_price_16th.thumb.JPG.96977846749270a7375a0d15f49f008e.JPG

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

I'll add that to the long list of inconfeck'nsistancies.  If they meant manual rather than DSG then their wording on their price list is Simply Confusing.

Kodiaq_price_16th.JPG.b4ba0e569b2a9053773b0c2f1e14217a.JPG

Rather than them use Simply Clever perhaps they should make it Simply Not Clear.:hi:

• Like 1

I admit the tow bar preparation Not available on the 7 seat versions of 2.0 TDI 150 4x4 is a bit ambiguous, but what it doesn’t say tow bar preparation Not available on the 7 seat versions of the 2.0 TDI 150 DSG 4x4.

If you look further down the pricing and spec doc it is quite clear in the technical section which versions can’t tow.

85A63BEA-1407-4455-8FF7-3C24D14A5B7B.jpeg

Edited by Kenny R

Morning All!

Not sure whether you're still holding out for your factory order, but I placed a factory order on 20th March and my Kodiaq was built last week. I'm told it's now at "Build Stage 38" (although I don't believe that gives me any particularly useful information, other than to say that my shiny new car exists!).

So - whilst I'm excited to know my new car exists, can anyone give me any guesses as to how long it'll take to reach the dealer from here?

Thanks,

- Chris

It's all boll0cks anyway because unlike Skoda's out-of-date by the hour configurator and pricelist, brokers no longer offer the manual ( or even manaual as Skoda call it ) versions of the 2.0tdi. If you want to find out about a Skoda then the last people you should be talking to is Skoda UK.

3 minutes ago, Balloon said:

Morning All!

Not sure whether you're still holding out for your factory order, but I placed a factory order on 20th March and my Kodiaq was built last week. I'm told it's now at "Build Stage 38" (although I don't believe that gives me any particularly useful information, other than to say that my shiny new car exists!).

So - whilst I'm excited to know my new car exists, can anyone give me any guesses as to how long it'll take to reach the dealer from here?

Thanks,

- Chris

Status 38 means it is at Emden Port, It has been released for shipment and is waiting to get on a boat.  It should be at the dealer within a couple of weeks.

Edited by GrowlingDog

2 hours ago, GrowlingDog said:

Status 38 means it is at Emden Port, It has been released for shipment and is waiting to get on a boat.  It should be at the dealer within a couple of weeks.

How did you find out what stage the car was at?

mine was meant to be built last week so hopefully mines is on the same boat so to speak

5 minutes ago, GMC92 said:

How did you find out what stage the car was at?

mine was meant to be built last week so hopefully mines is on the same boat so to speak

My dealer sent me an update on Monday to let me know the car had been built, and in it he mentioned it was at stage 38.

4 minutes ago, Balloon said:

My dealer sent me an update on Monday to let me know the car had been built, and in it he mentioned it was at stage 38.

Do you happen to know if you got lucky with the new infotainment and steering wheel? 

3 minutes ago, Balloon said:

I don't - and I didn't know there were new ones! What's new?

New style steering wheel from Octavia and the new updated infotainment as far as I know. The build week for these additions is seemingly this week so hopefully some of it filtered through to last weeks slots. There is a thread on this forum about it

5 minutes ago, GMC92 said:

New style steering wheel from Octavia and the new updated infotainment as far as I know. The build week for these additions is seemingly this week so hopefully some of it filtered through to last weeks slots. There is a thread on this forum about it

Thanks - just taken a look but can't find the thread you mentioned... Do you have a link?

13 minutes ago, Balloon said:

Thanks - just taken a look but can't find the thread you mentioned... Do you have a link?

1 hour ago, Balloon said:

It should be very fast then because my Superb is only at stage 1 and it's bloody quick.

• Haha 1
  • Groan 1

Thanks GMC92

Looking at that, I'm kind of hoping I don't get the new kit... I have an SD card full of MP3s I was looking forward to having in the car - so unless the new infotainment has some other means of mass MP3 storage, it feels like a step backwards!?

5 hours ago, Balloon said:

Thanks GMC92

Looking at that, I'm kind of hoping I don't get the new kit... I have an SD card full of MP3s I was looking forward to having in the car - so unless the new infotainment has some other means of mass MP3 storage, it feels like a step backwards!?

I think the assumption is most people have all their music library on their phone now and will want to play it from their using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.    Thats what I do anyway.   
I'm not a fan of that new 2 spoke steering wheel.

I wonder how you update the Maps without an SD card slot?

Yeah - but as I'm an idiot iPhone user who's too much of a cheapskate to buy a model with massively overpriced storage, and without the ability to add an SD card to the phone, spending £30 on a big SD card for the car seemed like quite a good option! 😁

I'm guessing map updates would be via a USB memory stick? I guess I could do the same for the MP3s? Perhaps the new infotainment has heaps of its own memory I could transfer the music to?

Who knows - probably academic anyway as I'm assuming I'll get what I ordered!? (a big assumption, I know) 

On 20/07/2020 at 20:29, Scot5 said:

That isn't the factory towbar, it's aftermarket.

Not that it excuses the dealer, but it does at least rule out the car leaving the factory with it fitted.

EDIT: actually looking closer I think it is, there looks to be a 13 pin to 7 pin adapter left in the electrical socket which made it look non-genuine.

Edited by silver1011

On 21/07/2020 at 13:57, GMC92 said:

Things are beginning to make more sense as time goes on.  Despite publishing a new pricelist here in the UK last week, it's already been superseded .  ( This constant drip of info causing all sorts of confusion for everyone - including dealers ).  Had word with another dealer today. To my surprise the car that wasn't available when I checked this morning, was available on the dealers internal ordering system and was available online when I returned home. Jeez.   This is brilliant  ...but I couldn't place an order because VW finance doesn't yet have the update on their system :D   Talk about uncoordinated. Buying a pre-reg or used car is sooooo much easier.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to place an order in the next few days, or at such times when Skoda decide to tell other departments what cars they're selling. They may even let other dealers in on the secret :D

The new brochure is now available to download on Skoda UK website.  Hopefully it won't have been updated again by the time you read this !

Edited by Guest