New Kodiaq on order since March, anyone care to guess when it'll be built?

Hi all

I ordered a new Kodiaq SE L with a few options back in early March and was quoted a build time of around three to four months. Then Covid happened. I've got a feeling that the dealer is going to offer me something from pre-registered stock or a secondhand car. I'd really prefer to wait for my original car but the lease on my current car will expire in a couple of months so I'm currently mulling over my options before speaking to the dealer again today.

Does anyone know if the Kodiaq factory is back at work? I'm looking for a glimmer of hope if there is one.

Cheers

Sally

I thought I'd heard that the Skoda factories had been working since late April? Although they may well be producing less cars of course 😞

Chris

Skoda Customer Services can call you back if you ask, and if the Dealership Employees / sales people that are back after furlough can not be bothered to do their actual job.

There are Dealer Principals or acting ones at a branch to contact if sales staff are 'too busy' to bother with customers.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/479207-factory-closing

See posts from 27th April. & a post from Thursday past so 16th June.

Edited by Roottoot

Hi, thanks for the replies. Yes, it's John Clark Skoda and I've spoken with the dealer who says my original should be ready around August/September time which is actually okay-ish as we have a wee Citigo and could manage with that temporarily. 

However, he's offered me a stock Edition for similar PCP payments plus a deal on the deposit etc. On the face of it it looks like a very good deal for a better car BUT the extra spec that the Edition comes with aren't things I'm bothered about (colour/chrome/lane assist/leather etc) but it doesn't come with the options I've ordered such as heated windscreen, spare wheel & rear camera. I think the killer is the leather as I swore I'd never have another car with leather.  Ah decisions decisions... 

• Like 1

If he wants you to register it in August (to boost his sales figures) rather than September, make sure he gives you a discount for losing out on the '70' plate! 

My VW dealer gave me £350 off my Golf SV to have it registered on February rather than March - and as I use a personal plate that I can remember and intended to keep it for long enough to avoid a depreciation hit - I was happy to do so :) 

6 minutes ago, Roottoot said:

If renting a car for 36 months or whatever and handing back does it really bother anyone if it is a plate starting with 20 or 70 on it.

SV20  SW20  or SU20

vs SV70 SW70 or SU70

Bought my August 2017 Vrs245 brand new on 17th just 2 weeks before the plate changed from 17 to 67. Neighbours probably thought it had several thousand miles on the clock and was 5 months old. It had 11 miles on the clock we immediately took it to Cardiff for the weekend to put some miles on it.

In Aberdeen where people might have long pockets and short arms they know the price of most things and the value of everything.

Plenty have brand new and even prestige cars and yet take the 07 plate or whatever one to work or to park in the long stay car park.

Edited by Roottoot

Forget the registration.

Focus on the spec.

Hang on for the spec you ordered or you’ll likely regret taking 2nd best.  I know I would.

Push for confirmation of build and delivery dates.

• Like 3

It sounds like you ordered a month after I did, so I would expect it to be delivered about a month after mine,  we both got held up by the same thing.   The factory reopened at the end of April.

I ordered on the 8th Feb, it was built mid May and I picked it up on 10th July.     I would hold out for the car you ordered, if for no other reason than the reversing camera,

• Like 2

i ordered my SEL at the end of January. confirmed build week was last week, dealer hopes to have car by mid August. only options were Triglav Alloys, DSG and Heated Steering wheel. base Energy Blue Colour with the 1.5 Tsi. looking forward to it

6 minutes ago, GMC92 said:

i ordered my SEL at the end of January. confirmed build week was last week, dealer hopes to have car by mid August. only options were Triglav Alloys, DSG and Heated Steering wheel. base Energy Blue Colour with the 1.5 Tsi. looking forward to it

Wow, it makes no sense how mine got built ahead of yours.  Mine was ordered 10th Feb, 1.5 TSI DSG SE-L, Race Blue, Standard Sirius wheels, Heated Screen, Reversing camera, and Leather Upholstery, it arrived at the dealer on the 2nd July.

I have went down the leasing route so maybe that has an affect on slots. Maybe not making as much money of other finance or cash deals so they want them out quicker Or the dealer forgot

OP - have you made your decision yet?

I'm currently in a position where I may be changing to a kodiaq BUT details are all over the place right now.  I'll start a new thread tomorrow, but my money is on either just a spec or facelift update happening as we speak. The problem is that in true Skoda fashion, getting details is like getting blood out of a stone. I wouldn't blame the dealers as they're usually the last to know - I was on Skoda chat this morning and that was useless.  "have you checked the configurator? have you checked the brochure?" I'm not even sure Skoda chat gets you thru to Skoda, it sounded more like a generic call centre.

Basically I've found a website where I can order a UK Kodiaq with different engine specs to thse given in the UK configurator, all with new options such as trailer assist etc.  Surprise surprise, when I logged on to Skoda's UK configurator just now, a few of those systems are showing but there is no information when you click the 'i' for further details. If  I was a betting man, I'd say Skoda are in the midst of updating their information so might be worthwhile waiting.

After I receive confirmation the info I have is legit, then I'm ordering Kodiaq - assuming of course the 1.5 under my steam can acheive much more mpg than the stated figures :D

PS - broker sites like CarWow now only showing 2.0tsi available to order in Sportsline spec.   Again I think they're also in the midst of updating their info.  Someone knows something, it's just they're not telling us or the dealers!

Edited by Guest

I spoke with the dealer Saturday and confirmed that I'd stick with my original order and will wait. I'm not fussed what the number plate reg is, I'll likely forget it the minute it arrives anyway. I've had my pickup truck nearly three years and can never remember the plate on it. 

The offer of the Edition model was good but it worked out that I'd be paying a very similar amount to my SEL but missing the options I'd ordered whilst having some I'm not at all bothered by such as Lane Assist.  Also I couldn't face another few years of leather seats. I stay up in the hills and out in the boondocks where winter is long and cold and heated leather seats take an age to warm up so the microsuede on my SEL will be lovely. I've also ordered the heated windscreen and nozzles for the above winter reasons. I've found leather to be a pain in the bum when wearing shorts too on the odd day of summer we get up here, your legs stick to the seat and it's painful when you move! :D The Edition was only 150 PS too and I specifically wanted 190 for that extra bit of grunt.

I also ordered a spare wheel so that when I get a puncture I can change the wheel and be on my way quickly, the Edition model doesn't come with that. I  can't be doing with tyre repair kits, I had a blow out on the M25 once and no spray can was going to fix that.

It's interesting to see all your order dates and subsequent delivery times and does give me hope that I'll be seeing my new car soon-ish. It'd be nice to have it by September when I take my elderly parents down to Ardnamurchan for a holiday otherwise we'll be using my dad's Karoq which is fab but a tight squeeze on days out with four adults and a very big dog plus tea making equipment and egg sarnies. We have a lot of egg sarnies. ;) My truck is a no go as they struggle to get in it and out of it.

So my order is a Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 190 PS DSG 7 Seat 4x4 with Spare wheel, Memory Seat, Heated windscreen and nozzles, rear camera in Energy Blue because it'll spend its life covered in mud so I'm not wasting good money on a colour I'll never see. Plus I really like the Energy Blue. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillyMcMophead said:

I spoke with the dealer Saturday and confirmed that I'd stick with my original order and will wait. I'm not fussed what the number plate reg is, I'll likely forget it the minute it arrives anyway. I've had my pickup truck nearly three years and can never remember the plate on it.

I think I'd do the same in your position - buy what you want not what they have.  With the changes that are happening right now ( I've noticed yet another update on the configurator since I posted an hour ago ) I'm guessing they're keen to get rid of existing stock. The dealer I spoke to yesterday would only give me a choice of two diesel Sportline's and didn't appear to be forward in pushing a new build.

Does anyone know what a Driver Assistance package is?  The website now gives a picture of adaptive cruise when you ask for further info but it has to be more than that. Adaptive cruise is listed at £310  but Driver Assistance package has also made an appearance at £340.   Bloom'n Skoda, they don't make it easy for us or their dealers.   :wall:

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Scot5 said:

OP - have you made your decision yet?

I'm currently in a position where I may be changing to a kodiaq BUT details are all over the place right now.  I'll start a new thread tomorrow, but my money is on either just a spec or facelift update happening as we speak.

PS - broker sites like CarWow now only showing 2.0tsi available to order in Sportsline spec.   Again I think they're also in the midst of updating their info.  Someone knows something, it's just they're not telling us or the dealers!

Okay, let me tell you my story on this topic... my Octavia lease is coming to an end in Sept so about a month ago I managed to get to dealer for a socially distanced to start things moving on ordering a 190PS 2.0TSI Kodiaq Edition with a few factory options added. However the prices were bananas and availability near enough not existent.

After requesting quotes from a few places I found out what is going on. One of the dealerships told me that Skoda were discontinuing the 2.0 TSI engined Edition and just keeping it available to order in the Sportline, SE L and L&K. Seemingly the issue is that there were too many permutations of engine and trim and Skoda wanted to simplify the line-up. Hence the reason why prices were all over the shop and half of the companies weren't able to supply it at all.

So for me this meant that I was unable (as of 3-4 weeks ago) unable to order the 2.0TSI in Edition trim with a few options from the factory. I called around a few different places looking for deals and ended up going with a 2.0TSI Edition in the colour I wanted that had already been built and was sat at the port in Germany awaiting a boat. It was one the dealer had pre-ordered to sell on their forecourt. So I ended up deciding I wasn't that bothered about the few options I wanted and managed to get a decent deal (SE L trim price) for this Edition. I am due to receive it from the dealer in the next 2 weeks (rather than the next 4-5 months).

I was assured that nobody knew of an upcoming facelift or when and what that might involve. Hope this helps shed some light on what is going on.

• Thanks 1

Hmm, there was an article in my Autocar magazine a few weeks ago that showed a photo of a Kodiaq with bits taped off with camouflage vinyls. Autocar suggested that this was the facelift version coming for 2021. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised. I'm all up for the new and shiny bits but it doesn't fit with my timescales for a new lease. It could well be like mentioned above that the dealers are the last to know in most cases.

16 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

I think I'd do the same in your position - buy what you want not what they have.  With the changes that are happening right now ( I've noticed yet another update on the configurator since I posted an hour ago ) I'm guessing they're keen to get rid of existing stock. The dealer I spoke to yesterday would only give me a choice of two diesel Sportline's and didn't appear to be forward in pushing a new build.

Does anyone know what a Driver Assistance package is?  The website now gives a picture of adaptive cruise when you ask for further info but it has to be more than that. Adaptive cruise is listed at £310  but Driver Assistance package has also made an appearance at £340.   Bloom'n Skoda, they don't make it easy for us or their dealers.   :wall:

Oh man, I feel your pain! 

I can't answer your question but when I first ordered my car something felt a bit off in the few days after paying the £500 deposit. I rang the dealer a few days later only to be told the bloke that we'd been dealing with, who'd taken my order & money had left the company suddenly the previous day. I got them to check all the details of my order - they couldn't find it at first - and eventually got back to me to tell me that the original salesman hadn't put the order through and what paperwork they did have was for the wrong car completely! They had managed to take my £500 and that was still there so all I had to do was start from scratch and redo the whole order. Good job I rang them otherwise they'd probably never have ordered it. 

9 minutes ago, spinnaker said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised. I'm all up for the new and shiny bits but it doesn't fit with my timescales for a new lease. It could well be like mentioned above that the dealers are the last to know in most cases.

Found it. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2021-skoda-kodiaq-vrs-prototype-previews-design-tweaks

Can't confirm things until they get back to me but the site I'm using is no longer quoting prices for the Scout or the Edition with any engine,  so it looks like they've stopped building them.  If you can order either thru dealerships then I'm guessing it's from exisitng stock.

Edit: I'll answer my own question re: driver assist package.  Skoda updated their pricelist on 16th July to reflect some of these changes.  These prices reflect the prices I was quoted. Some very expensive options 😲

Kodiaq_price_16th.thumb.JPG.33a0e830251d07c3a8003aeeb0eb4b89.JPG

Edited by Guest