Glasses holder instead of drivers top handle

fergard

Hello, everybody!

Because of the panoramic roof and electric curtain on Superb Combi there is no glasses holder in the car (first world problems, ha-ha :)).

In general, there are enough alternatives, but usually everything comes down to a "hinged clothespin" on a sun visor. Such variants shallowed at once, because I didn't want something to be hung up somewhere and interfered.

As a result, I found a glasses holder instead of the top handle above the driver's (Ebay, 15 euros). It was necessary to search for a variant of black color - in a Sportline trim a ceiling and all elements on it are black. I ordered the variant under the name "Car Front Sunglasses Holder Glasses Case Box Fit For A3 A4L A5 A6L A7 Q3 Q5 Q7" - it fits to Skoda too!

jMAAAgHMm-A-960.jpg

There is a spring-coupling, as well as soft foam rubber inside.

There were no problems with the installation - in general, the instructions very accurately convey what to do. The only comment is that you need very small (but sturdy) screwdrivers to remove the native handle. I took the usual flat ones first, and they were too "thick". Small screwdrivers from the phone repair kit came in handy. It took me about 20 minutes to get it done.

M8AAAgPMm-A-960.jpg

Instructions. The hardest part is taking out the original handle (step 3).

hiAAAgHMm-A-960.jpg
Small but strong screwdrivers.

The result wasn't bad. In general, the quality is a solid 4/5 - held firmly, not dangling, glasses are placed inside confidently.

vgAAAgPMm-A-960.jpg

In the closed state.

JwAAAgPMm-A-960.jpg
With glasses inside.

Edited by fergard
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, john999boy said:

I like the look of the screwdriver in their instructions! :o

This is the one which was shipped together with the holder. Used it for step 1-2, but it's not usable for the step 3 due to the curve. Also, you need 2 at the same time

image.png.40d8070156fbb50dbaef1e80f3397180.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sweet!!! :biggrin:

Have only just picked up the same:

On 23/07/2020 at 21:35, fergard said:

Because of the panoramic roof and electric curtain on Superb Combi there is no glasses holder in the car (first world problems, ha-ha :)).

And said exactly the same to the missus, the Subaru had the glasses holder in the roof and was perfect....

Going to add on of these to the list