Fabia Mk3 MC - Roofbars & Towbars?

Hi All, first post for me as not had my Skoda long, hopefully the below has some helpful information but also a question.

So first off, I struggled to find any info on Roofbars and fitting them to a Mk3 Fabia Monte Carlo and whether it was even possible given the panoramic sunroof. On a whim I ended up getting some genuine Skoda Roofbars for £40 off of eBay before successfully fitting them! Really easy to fit (just slots into sockets already in the door seal) and they're brilliant so this is just to confirm to those in my previous position, that it is possible. Also as they're t-track bars, it's super easy to fit things like roofboxes onto your car. Pics attached.

Right second part, Towbars, I've got a laser (sailing boat) with a road trailer that'd be great to tow around but struggling to find if again, you can fit one to a Monte Carlo Fabia, and if so, which one, where from and how much. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20200730-165756.png

Screenshot_20200730-165805.png

Screenshot_20200730-165938.png

Hi Aftershock45,

I've been looking around for a towbar to fit my Monte Carlo estate as well. I found Shawry85 made a comment saying they'd had a detachable towbar fitted to a Monte Carlo.

Would be great to find out what brand it is. Keep me updated if you find one that fits.

Cheers, 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2020 at 04:44, founts_d said:

These aren't photos of my car but found them on Autotrader. Looks like a Skoda Genuine towbar fits and clears a Monte Carlo rear bumper.

84addf8416c144b79fe8c3b7810ea5bb.jpg

152d5ab6a8574c94b62fcad0befc7aaa.jpg

f085c4d31d8e484c8ba2a557c0c3c002.jpg

If you take a closer look at that photo, you can see there is a cut out in the bumper for the genuine tow bars.  This cut out is only on vehicles which were specified with a tow bar from the dealer and will probably come with a cover to hide the cutout when the tow bar is detached.

Unfortunately I haven't seen any tow bars which clear the bumper without a need for a cutout on Ebay so I'm not 100% sure