Škoda Octavia IV Ireland release

My understanding is that they were planning to release the new model way earlier on in teh year but because of COVID-19, this has now been put on hold. Other than a short article in teh independent, I haven't seen anything else.

Has anyone here had any joy with the dealer as to when the online configurator will be up and running. Looking at the ones in other countries (I checked about 7), the can can be configured everywhere else (URL).

On 01/08/2020 at 09:50, dubincalling said:

My understanding is that they were planning to release the new model way earlier on in teh year but because of COVID-19, this has now been put on hold. Other than a short article in teh independent, I haven't seen anything else.

Has anyone here had any joy with the dealer as to when the online configurator will be up and running. Looking at the ones in other countries (I checked about 7), the can can be configured everywhere else (URL).

Was talking to Skoda Ireland during the week and was told that information on the new Octavia will be released in September, I didn't ask about specific versions though.

The Skoda Ireland website and configurator are always lagging behind everywhere else, its quite frustrating tbh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaddicIrl said:

Was talking to Skoda Ireland during the week and was told that information on the new Octavia will be released in September, I didn't ask about specific versions though.

The Skoda Ireland website and configurator are always lagging behind everywhere else, its quite frustrating tbh.

Thanks @MaddicIrl

You would think they would have added the configurator to the web site immediately and allowed the people to start ordering (for the ones that want)...

Wondering will they have any special deals when they do the actual release?!

28 minutes ago, dubincalling said:

Thanks @MaddicIrl

You would think they would have added the configurator to the web site immediately and allowed the people to start ordering (for the ones that want)...

Wondering will they have any special deals when they do the actual release?!

Agreed! Dealers may have the info in Sept but wouldn't surprise me if the configurator took another few weeks/months after that based on the facelift superb at least.

Deals on new models doesn't seem to happen from my experience, they want to cash in on any pent up demand before offering deals.

It will be interesting to see what deals (if any) are available. COVID has surely dampened sales projections. Possibly they may want to counteract that. Otherwise the may see very low sales on a brand new model. A model that will already be starting off more expensive than its predecessor. I reckon the same spec’d VRS I got 4 years ago is likely to be about 4K + more.
Skoda running a fine line now between value & quality. It has been a no brainer for a few years now. But each year sees them creep closer to VW & Audi in price. The gap is shrinking which gives anyone with that money to spend more options. 
Seat are kinda where Skoda was 10 years ago. Building cars that are turning heads & for a considerable saving. 
UK have launched the non-VRS versions already & they have some discounts attached straight away. I think £2500 deposit contribution or something. So I expect something on the Irish one also which is usually in the way of lower % finance options. 
Got my last one on 0%.

And with Brexit it will be interesting to see how cross border “second hand” car sales are affected. Could well be severe enough to practically remove that as an option all together. Then we really are cornered here in Ireland in terms of selection, & not just price. We will be prisoner to whatever options Skoda IRL deem appropriate.

Have a look at the new Superb for example and the difference of engine options available in Ire compared to UK.
I sincerely hope they don’t take the same approach with the Octy iV 

• Like 1

Speaking to Skoda dealership today & he made a good point about the coming VRS. While I was expecting to have to pay 4+K more for an equivalent VRS to what I bought in 2016, he said it could be much worse. 
There may be no Manual option, DSG only & maybe even 4x4 is the only drive option. So a manual, FWD like I have at the moment may not be available. So a decently spec’d  VRS could easily be in Superb SportLine territory. 
If the 190 was available in IRL for the Superb I think that’s the route I’d be goin. As it stands importing one from the UK is looking more and more likely the more time I spend investigating my options. 
He said they are really in the dark right now, but the next 6-8 weeks should shed a lot of light on what’s coming. Hopes to have more info on VRS prices & specs & maybe even some info on future Superb engine options. As well as coming Finance deals etc. 
So hold tight until about end of Sept & there should be good bit more info. 
In the meantime I might try & sell my VRS privately & take advantage of the time I have, rather than trying to rush sell it when the time comes & losing out. 

Thanks @AJAMESR

I think the 'automatics' (DSG) are the way forward for Škoda. Many other manufacturers are already there and a manual has to be ordered as an extra while the default is often automatic.

Not looking at a VRS TBH but an equivalent of SE L available in the UK. I tried speccing a decent enough trim and it came to just over 31K. Not sure when we get it deployed here what the prices will be.

Need to trade in a Superb L&K 2014 myself...

Edited by dubincalling

Its very nice mate, and I like the additions. 31K - I think you'll be looking at about 38-39K here. Whatever it is, there wont be much change out of 40K for that spec here in Ireland. Makes you think doesn't it. Thats a lot of money that brings other manufactures into the picture. Granted a VW may not be as well specd for that money but the gap is closing quick. 

My VRS cost 35K in 2016 - Manual - Diesel and only added about 1500 in extras as it had most of what I needed as standard. Main additions were Canton and Challenge Pack. After chatting with Skoda today, I don't think Id be getting a VRS for less than 45K, and judging by your Config above - could be looking at more than that. 

A one year old Superb L&K or Sportline (the 272BHP versions ) can be imported from UK with VRT paid for about 35K. Im finding that hard to ignore.

This one would be 38K VRT cleared - but cheaper are available. I just really like this. 2019 with 10K miles. Practically new. New they are 40K Sterling not including any optional extras. This one is already down to 28K Sterling. VRT is about 7K Euro. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202006019693399?sort=relevance&model=SUPERB&price-to=30000&minimum-badge-engine-size=2.0&drivetrain=Four Wheel Drive&fuel-type=Petrol&postcode=ll651dq&advertising-location=at_cars&make=SKODA&radius=1501&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&price-from=20000&page=1

• Like 1