Mirror puddle light retrofit possible?

Hi

Is it possible to retrofit puddle lights in the mirrors on a 2020 Octavia? I have folding and heated mirrors but no lights. Are the wire loom to the CCM already fitted? I haven't opened the mirrors to have a look, yet.

I'm thinking I need at least the lower mirror covers and the lights. Is coding needed?

Thanks!

Presumably not power folding mirrors as they should be standard with those. You can do it 2 ways, one by taking the feed from the door exit lights so they come on when the door is opened or the ‘right’ way but that requires Highline door controllers and the pin running to those controllers in the correct place plus the ground taken to the indicator light ground and then the coding.

1 hour ago, ketiljo said:

Yes, power folding mirrors. They close egen the var is locked 

Damn auto correct. It should be "they close when the car is locked" 🙂

Unusual, certainly in the UK, they never supplied cars with folding mirrors without puddle lights but if you have 5Q4959592x and 5Q4959593x door controllers you will be able to code them, you need to run the power wire to Pin 1 and the ground you can join to the indicator ground wire and then do the coding in the door controllers. That’s it. You can cut the lower portion of the cap as it is stamped out but it’s better to buy them pre cut.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! Looks like I have to remove the door cards and have a look inside. I agree that it's somewhat strange that the puddle lights is missing as it has just about every other possible option, except electric seats and drive modes. It from a batch of the last of the MK III that was sold in Norway. I used to have puddle lights on my last car, Peugeot 308 SW

On 06/08/2020 at 00:24, SashaGrace said:

Unusual, certainly in the UK, they never supplied cars with folding mirrors without puddle lights but if you have 5Q4959592x and 5Q4959593x door controllers you will be able to code them, you need to run the power wire to Pin 1 and the ground you can join to the indicator ground wire and then do the coding in the door controllers. That’s it. You can cut the lower portion of the cap as it is stamped out but it’s better to buy them pre cut.

What type of pins/terminals will fit into the connector?

Sure. I used to have in on my last car, a Peugeot 308SW. One thing is the looks/usefulness of the lights, but it's also rather satisfying getting it to work 😉

• 1 month later...
On 06/08/2020 at 00:24, SashaGrace said:

Thanks for the hint. Which coding after?

2.jpg

• 2 years later...

holy thread resurrection batman - sorry

can someone piont me in the right direction,

i have retro fitted folding mirrors with puddle lights - everything is working fine eccept the lights.

ive pin one connected and earth but im only getting .42v to the lights when i open the door - is there a way to change the volt out on the contol unit ? or anything else i can try ?

thank you in advance

Coop

4 hours ago, coopster said:

ok i think its  definitely coding as when i do the output test on the OB11 they both work - i have led puddle lights active in settings but on this it shows not active

Screenshot_20230907_125022_OBDeleven VAG.jpg

Did you turn on byte 1 bit 0?

9 hours ago, coopster said:

ok all sorted - i deactivated it all on Ob11 then reactivated one at a time turning off ob11 at each change.

working a treat now - :)

Don’t use the one click functions, they cause nothing but problems as you don’t know what they do exactly 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi to all, same here.

Octavia 2019, full optionals, NO PUDDLE LIGHTS, no slot and no cutted plastic for it.

my passenger door 5Q4959592K

my driver door 5Q4959593K

Please useres that do this job can tell me if cables are inside? Thanks!

Edited by Unecc