Hi from a new Octavia owner

Samstan

Hi, I pick up my first Octavia on Sunday and can’t wait! It’s a 66 plate SE L TSI DSG  in race blue metallic. I’ve a 120 mile round trip commute (when I’m back in the office anyway) but do like something with a bit of ummph when needed and with 2 dogs plus enjoying camping and caravanning the load carrying capacity is key. As I get older my cars are getting quicker 😉 Husband doesn’t drive so as long as it’s comfy he’s happy! 

Once I pick the car up I’m sure I’ll be searching to see if there are answers to any questions!

Welcome - I am assuming that you are purchasing a 2.0l TSI engine.  You will probably have 6 speed DSG gearbox.  What mileage does your car have on it at this time - and it would be really great if you can update your profile to give your car and rough location details.

1 hour ago, varaderoguy said:

Welcome - I am assuming that you are purchasing a 2.0l TSI engine.  You will probably have 6 speed DSG gearbox.  What mileage does your car have on it at this time - and it would be really great if you can update your profile to give your car and rough location details.

It’s actual the 1.4l petrol. It’s a 66 plate with 30k on the clock (& I’ve updated my profile, thanks 🙂)

Picked her up this morning. I’ve only ever driven an auto about 15 years ago as a courtesy car for a few days so not having a clutch pedal is going to take some getting used to!

F48A40E3-E1EF-4A1C-8973-C84A61A2BEDB.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum - if your car is a 66 plate shouldn't that be a 150 in your profile - or is it just a missing decimal point? A tip for newbies driving an auto - remove your left shoe for the first couple of times to remind yourself not to stamp on the 'clutch pedal' with your left foot when going for a gear-change.

I think you will really like the 1.4, pulls like a train, even from pretty low revs - although I wouldn't say no to a 245 either. 

Edited by Warrior193
wrong shoe!
  • Thanks 1