Nav map on Virtual cockpit display

Hello

I have a new Superb Estate iV SEL spec with the virtual cockpit option. When I select Navigation Display I just get the compass rose being displayed in the virtual cockpit. How do I get the map to be displayed? Is there an option in the centre console that I need to select?

Thanks

Rob

Hi. 

Thanks for that. I have seen it before but it doesn’t help me. When I select navigation as he does from the scrolling menu I just get the compass rose. No map! 

will have another look from the beginning just in case I have missed something. 

Rob

1 hour ago, Rescue-Diver said:

Hi. 

Thanks for that. I have seen it before but it doesn’t help me. When I select navigation as he does from the scrolling menu I just get the compass rose. No map! 

will have another look from the beginning just in case I have missed something. 

Rob

You may need to start route guidance before the map displays on VC

Yes I have started it but again I just get an arrow pointing in the direction I need to go. 

just been reading the manual again and saw that in the Bolero Navigation setting screen there is an option to extend the map display to the Virtual Cockpit. But on the Amundsun system there is no such option. 

Rob

2 hours ago, Rescue-Diver said:

Yes I have started it but again I just get an arrow pointing in the direction I need to go. 

just been reading the manual again and saw that in the Bolero Navigation setting screen there is an option to extend the map display to the Virtual Cockpit. But on the Amundsun system there is no such option. 

Rob

Sorry, can't help any further as I don't have VC, only thing is, the Bolero system does not have navigation afaik, only the Amundsen and Columbus.

1 hour ago, cipt2001 said:

AFAIK Bolero does not have navigation so you must be using CarPlay or Android Auto for that, and VC will only display the native navi, not the ones coming from the phone.

Exactly. VC only displays navigation when the car has built-in Navi, not the input from SmartLink connected devices (Android Auto, CarPlay), that is only displayed in the infotainment screen.

If the Bolero does not feature a Navi then it's not possible.

21 minutes ago, Rescue-Diver said:

Thanks again for the replies. 

I definitely have Nav so it must be the Amundsun system. That is also what the spec says for SEL spec. 

I have even disconnected my phone so there is no nav from the phone on the system. 

Rob

I'm going to the garage soon I'll check how you bring up the Navi on the VC then for you.

So it's really rather simple. Press once the button on the steering wheel that shows something like pages and a "Back" button over them:

IMG_20200812_121530.thumb.jpg.c61f8bfbd197cde96c1af40af3315c0a.jpg

This should open up the selection of screens ON the center of the VC, and then by scrolling down/up via the rotary knob you arrive to the Navigation screen (it's above Audio)

Capture.thumb.JPG.f26384b1aa7d5b1e3c61211b4f982ef2.JPG

and there you have it. You can then enter full screen Navi mode but pushing the View button on the steering wheel and scrolling through the various views.

IF there's not a Navigation option when you press the "page-back" button then something is missing or not set up properly.

I just realized you must have tried what I wrote already because I essentially access it as the guy in the full length video above does.

So, when you select Navigation via the "pages" button and then the thumb wheel, how does your VC look like? Please take a pic and post it here as i'm really curious about it.

PS. I think I have a bad feeling about this as in: You can only have the map on the VC if you have the Columbus 9.2" system....  That would explain why I can't even get a compass as my "main page" when I select Navigation, (i can only have it as a side dial from customizing the views) but you have just the compass showing up instead of a map when selecting Navigation. Otherwise it's impossible to get it wrong I think.

Edited by newbie69

2 hours ago, Rescue-Diver said:

This is what I see

Yep, I can't have the compass displayed in the centre on mine at all, selecting the Navigation page just brings up the map and I'm not aware of a way to change it.

@JR RS  @Gizmo   are maybe aware of whether the full map on the VC is only possible with the Columbus instead of just the Amundsen?

Hey @newbie69, as far as I know, the VC requires a fibre optic cable in order to show maps/navigation.

This connection is only available on the MIB2.5 units, i.e. the 9.2" Columbus units.

This is based on those who have successfully retrofitted VC units into their Superb.

9 hours ago, JR RS said:

Hey @newbie69, as far as I know, the VC requires a fibre optic cable in order to show maps/navigation.

This connection is only available on the MIB2.5 units, i.e. the 9.2" Columbus units.

This is based on those who have successfully retrofitted VC units into their Superb.

Thanks JR, that would explain why Amundsen is not enough to display maps on the VC of OP's car, unless something is different to the 2020 cars and Amundsen got a fibre optic (unlikely)

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, sorry to hijack this thread but I have a similar (although different) question.

I own a 2020 Kodiaq with VC and Amundsen and the thing that is really bothering me is that every time I set a destination on Android Auto, it changes the centre of VC to that map/nav instructions. Is there any way to make it stop? I want my driving stats and not the map or directions.

Thanks in advance.

49 minutes ago, buron said:

Mine is on classic, and it changes to nav. I want it to stay on the stats, not change.

When you go into the settings in the MMI you can alter what is shown by using the up and down pointers under the dial that is shown, in each of the 4 different choices

Also in the Navigation menu in the  Aid settings I think it can be unticked as well

Edited by Exkiwi