Columbus Navigation Upgrade

I am a new owner of a 2014 Superb with a Columbus navigation system. I was wondering if I can update the satnav with a SD card from a 2019 Octavia that a friend has? Thanks.

I own a 2011 S2 with a columbus unit and feel I need a firmware update aswell as a map update, it is really slow to boot up and the maps are way out of date, tells me I am 'off road' most of the time when travelling around the UK.

I have just ordered a firmware update and also V17 maps from www.satnavmapupdate.co.uk Hopefully they will be OK and not brick my unit, I will report back when I get then and have done the deed! They were £24.99 each but with a 25% discount when 2 discs were bought at the same time I thought I'd give it a go! £37 for both, if it works I'll be well happy, if not, well.....let's see!

Edited by WIG

It says I am 'off road' on many roads that I know have been changed in the last few years and some that I have not been down before but I can see they are more recent than 2011 as the 'new road layout' signs are still up! So I don't think that the GPS antenna is at fault, it reads all other roads perfectly, I am pretty confident that it is just the maps that are out of date, you can see the original roads close by to where the icon of your location is on the map. I notice it around Nottingham where there have been major works for the last few years, it has changed loads but still shows me driving through fields!!

I guess you have had dealings with this particular sellers items before, by your comment 'fixing them for him...'. Would you recommend that I buy elsewhere before I try them? If so, where from mate? Or, if it does brick my unit, can it be sorted using genuine VCDS?

Cheers for your input Rustynuts!

If it's just  new roads which are putting you off road then yes, it's most likely just the maps. I presumed you were off road as in miles away from where you actually were, that would be a faulty gps.

Yes, I've had a few issues to sort with sellers of hookey disks, but you might be lucky. I can't really recommend anyone other than main dealers or downloading them for free yourself.

I have looked at free downloads for firmware and maps but I don't really trust the dodgy looking websites to be honest. When I found the website I mentioned previously it seemed true enough and quite professional, hopefully I won't be a victim, but I ain't one to let things go if things go wrong with such an item, so I will be on my guard and use my credit cards' protection services if required!

If it does all go wrong and it bricks my unit, can it be rectified using my VCDS?

Thanks again Rustynuts! 👍