Felicia Fun 1.6 1999 Engine Swap

Henro

Hello Felicia Fun community

I am in the exciting process of purchasing a high milage 1999 1.6 Felicia fun and was hoping to receive some information on the best/ easiest engine to swap into my new vehicle. I have read old forums which seem to highlight complex fits but nothing straightforward. So far I am only aware of the Felicia 1.3MPi crossover. Are there any better alternatives and if so which engines specifically. 

Ideally I am looking to replace it with something cost effective (fuel and engine price), reliable and as close to perfect fit as possible (minimal bodging/ difficulty fitting). Speed is a bonus but not my prime concern. 

I have always had a hand in mechanics but my knowledge is not that extensive. Any advice, education or recommendations are welcomed. 

Thanks in advance! 

• 4 weeks later...