Skoda Kodiaq rear right wheel arch cover lump

stjorge

Hi everyone,

I own a 2019 1.5 petrol 150 Hp 2WD Skoda Kodiaq. I' ve recently noticed a lump (or bulge, if that descibes it more accuratelly) on the wheel arch of the right rear wheal. It is located at the rear part of the arch, right above the mud cover. It's not symmetrical i.e. the rear left side wheal arch is completely "flat". Has anyone else noticed anything similar on their kodiaq?

Thanks a lot

George

Is the “ lump or bulge” at the back of the rear offside wheel arch liner not there to accommodate the fuel tank filler pipe?

Even if it’s not I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

OK so this is the lump or bulge I am talking about. It does make sense that it could be the fuel tank filler pipe under there. I just had to ask the forum if anyone else had noticed this in their own kodiaq. I will ask my mechanic during the anual service next month.

5 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Mine has the 'lump', but mine is petrol.

It's unlikely Skoda produce different wheelarch liners for different configurations, especially the rears.

Though I'd tend to agree, mine definately looks different to the OPs. As I described, it's squarer and larger. I'll try to take a photo at some point.