SportLine radio screen

I had a look at this earlier with Carista as I have a 2018 sportline with Columbus that just says “welcome to Skoda” and I’d seen an option for infotainment start screen type in Carista.

there was type none coded with options for types 1 to 7, 1 set it to vRS, and the others were either Scout, Scalia, L&K or Monte Carlo. None of them displayed Sportline on mine and at some point I had an error flash up about emergency call service with a fault code logged which reset when I set it back to none. Bummer as I would’ve liked the sportline option.... oh well

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SkudMissile21 said:

I had a look at this earlier with Carista as I have a 2018 sportline with Columbus that just says “welcome to Skoda” and I’d seen an option for infotainment start screen type in Carista.

there was type none coded with options for types 1 to 7, 1 set it to vRS, and the others were either Scout, Scalia, L&K or Monte Carlo. None of them displayed Sportline on mine and at some point I had an error flash up about emergency call service with a fault code logged which reset when I set it back to none. Bummer as I would’ve liked the sportline option.... oh well

You’ll need something a bit more powerful than Carista to do this. OBDEleven PRO as a minimum.

That may well be true but I did get it to display the vRS, Scout, Scala , L&K & Monte Carlo logos ok, it just faulted out after a while as it seems type 5&6 caused the error. Type 7 was the Monte Carlo one.

it just didn’t have the sportline one in there so I put it back to none.

hope this makes sense, I can always try again and post some photos another time if you like?

obviously I was only referring to the infotainment splash screen at start up!

Edited by SkudMissile21

Unfortunately type 13 is not an option with Carista but I tried the others:

Type none - welcome to Skoda (default on mine)

Type 1 - vRS

Type 2 - scout

Type 3 - Laurin & klement

Type 4 - n/a (welcome to Skoda)

Type 5 - n/a (welcome to Skoda)

Type 6 - n/a (welcome to Skoda)

Type 7 -  Monte Carlo 

Also tried the instrument cluster start logo:

Type 1 - Skoda (default on mine)

Type 2 - vRS

Type 3 - Laurin & Klement

Type 4 - Scout

Type 5 - blank

Type 6 - sportline

Type 7 - Skoda

Type 8 - blank

seemed a bit hit and miss with the ones that were blank (depended on what was set before it seems) and the infotainment blank ones certainly set the “module incorrectly coded” flag but the other seem to work fine. Pity none of the options for the infotainment are relevant for my car so I’ve left alone but I was pleased to discover the instrument cluster one had a sportline one so I’ve kept that!

pics below:

88715C90-3375-4C2E-80EC-C8148EFE08B0.jpeg.38021b5db2fad3736e3de87dd724a60c.jpeg

90A3CAC0-F8F1-4F23-B720-8C298D8EF9F9.jpeg

A3BC7A61-DE9D-4C36-B742-E7A24BF0F9FC.jpeg

F8267983-5A62-4B78-AA3F-2094C2A5AC89.jpeg

A5BF6D44-56E8-4923-BA9E-88DF2F153A72.jpeg

3883BEF4-8620-48DE-8DAF-DB6DF742ACC0.jpeg

274EF735-6276-47DB-9C52-4776A0D2D72A.jpeg

A8F67D9C-F7B3-48D1-B227-8837DEFBEEED.jpeg

334F3DE6-B41D-46DF-95B7-E5CB4C99BF9F.jpeg

D2F27F94-439E-44A1-938F-881D934EE0D4.jpeg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

For instrument cluster is that under 17, Display depiction?

Don’t know as I only have access to the Carista app at the moment. I was planning to invest in the 10 vin VCDS license sometime but having just spent £20k on the car I can’t justify another £300 this month...!

I'm surprised just how many of the things listed in the VCDS options thread on the superb 3 are actually achievable in Carista though, I’ve done quite a few of the ones I wanted to do already.

Edited by SkudMissile21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Right oh. If you get something that can take a scan of the adaptations/coding on the instruments I’d love to see it as I couldn’t get the SportLine screen on the Maxidot on the car I had in.

Will do, still planning to get VCDS sometime when I’ve recovered the finances a bit.

will be happy to provide scans of all the modules and coding when that happens.

• Like 1

My Columbus didn't show the Sportline splash but i changed it with OBDeleven, in my case i found the numbers referenced in the firmware

0;static_black_1280_640.raw2.zlib;skoda_standard_animation.canim;
1;static_black_1280_640.raw2.zlib;skoda_RS1.canim;
2;static_black_1280_640.raw2.zlib;skoda_scout1.canim;
3;static_black_1280_640.raw2.zlib;skoda_LK1.canim;
7;static_black_1280_640.raw2.zlib;skoda_MC1.canim;
8;static_black_1280_640.raw2.zlib;skoda_SL.canim;

@SkudMissile21 the numbers seem to match with yours

2 minutes ago, SkudMissile21 said:

That’s interesting then Chet, might try sending the Carista developers an email requesting they add option 8 to try

And I'm going to see if i can change my instrument cluster number!

1 minute ago, SashaGrace said:

This car was set to Version 8 and it was just the normal Welcome to Skoda display. With OBDEleven I altered the Version to 13 and that worked for me.

What firmware version was it?

• Like 1

On 21/09/2020 at 09:04, SashaGrace said:

Also coded other goodies like the seat comfort access with working radio toggle

627A994A-88FD-415A-B019-1E202BC5526B.thumb.jpeg.485045b1431a0a8b80b3865a246f57a3.jpeg

Hi SashaGrace, I have the seat comfort access working on mine but don't have the on/off option on my infotainment screen. Is this something I could activate with OBDeleven pro? 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Yeah it is,

Go to 36 Drivers seat Long Coding and activate ‘Easy entry over MMI’ and then 5F Infotainment Adaptations in Car_Function_Adaptaions_Gen 2 and activate menu_display_drivers_seat

Hasn’t worked on every firmware I’ve done it on though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks for that.

Just tried it on mine but don't appear to have the option menu_display_drivers_seat under Car_Function_Adaptation_Gen2 unfortunately.

Will take another look tomorrow.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AidanF said:

Many thanks for that.

Just tried it on mine but don't appear to have the option menu_display_drivers_seat under Car_Function_Adaptation_Gen2 unfortunately.

Will take another look tomorrow.

Search seat, I did that off the top of my head so it might not be exactly what it says and you’ll find it in there somewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SashaGrace said:

Search seat, I did that off the top of my head so it might not be exactly what it says and you’ll find it in there somewhere.

No problem and thanks again 👍

Will take a more thorough look tomorrow with less tired eyes 😑

• Like 1