DTUK Boxes and comparability

I just wondered if I anyone knew whether a DTUK box sold as a Gold GTD 184 would be the same as the one for a Skoda VRS 184? Can one assume that they are the same as it is the same engine or is there more to it than that? 

Reason I ask is because there seem to be more available second hand than Skoda equivalents. Was looking at one as a stop gap before getting a remap as should be easy enough to get the money back when selling it on.

42 minutes ago, j1mg said:

Had one for a while, took it off. Every journey was in limp mode.
Save some money and just buy the pedal box until you go for the remap.

Yeah, I've a pedal box and I do feel that it's a worthwhile purchase

I used a tuning box on my 150tdi that had previously been used on a superb 150tdi.  If you look at the specs of the cars the peak torque is slightly more on the superb but it worked fine on my octy.  I would take a guess that they are compatible between the gtd and vrs but maybe get one with a return option?

I had a DTUK CRD3 on my L&K 150 TDI - it worked fine for a while but then was getting limp mode and various boost pressure sensor fault codes. If you want more power then definitely go for a remap. The whole “tuning boxes are warranty safe / undetectable” that all tuning box companies tend to state isn’t true either, it quite obvious that one has been fitted & dealers can easily find it out. 

• Like 1