Kamiq Is It For You

Bill65

Glad to see the topic I started some months ago has engendered so much debate. Just a quick update re the initial post, I have by and large learned to live with all of the problems. The searching for a gear and metallic grinding noise did not return. I now switch off lane assist at the start of every journey. The front assist no longer operates the brakes for no reason since I've set it to LATE. I still don't think visibility is great however I again live with it.

As for the recent posts on tyres and lack of grip , I must admit most of the technical stuff goes over my head, however I very much doubt that the tyres are the reason for the wheel spin as I've experienced this in warm dry weather.

In conclusion I'm going to keep the car for a couple of years for financial reasons but doubt very much that I would buy another Kamiq.

To be honest it doesn't matter which car you go for there isn't a perfect car.  Every car has it issues.  You could go for a different car and the issues here might not be present but you can guarantee there will be others.

I came from a Seat Ibiza 1.0 115 and have to say I am loving the Kamiq.  the build quality is far superior, its much quieter and more refined inside and the ride quality is superior, even with the 18" wheels.  I love the virtual Dash and generally the infotainment system.  Not totally crazy about the Climate controls in the menu but don't really make a lot of changes to it so not a major issue.  The lane keeping assist is slightly annoying but I am now used to it and just turn it off, its really not that big a thing for me.  Its not an SUV so I never expected it to be that high and tbh its just right for me..  My dad has the Karoq 1.5 DSG and, while its fine, I actually prefer the Kamiq, I think its  a nicer car inside and out.  His Karoq has the wheel spin issue on acceleration which you'd have thought would have been controlled by the Management system.  Not really been able to do any long distance runs yet but looking forward to that soon hopefully.