Skoda octavia 2008 instrument cluster removal without setting off imobiliser?

Hi there, My car Skoda octavia mk2 1.9tdi 2008(58plate) has developed weird instrument cluster light problems. Dpf light showing dim (just noticeable) on all the time. When head lights are switched on it shows  bright as well as both foglight symbols lit even when foglights are off. The car is coming off the road for 10 days while I wait for an MOT (I discovered there is about a months waiting list her at the moment due to the MOT extensions re Covid) I don't thinkI have a DPF fitted anyway. Its a 1,9tdi BXE engine.

I intend to check out the cluster and look for dry joints or any visible problems but I need to know if by removing it will I immobilize the car? Don't have vagcom to reset if I do. Is there a safe way to remove it?

Many thanks

Alasdair

Many thanks, Was a bit worried as read a few posts re problems with immobilser. Will keep the ignition off. Not sure what the problem is. Hopefully just poor connection to the cluster or perhaps poor earth. 

Thanks Alasdair

IIRC when I've disconnected battery before, turning lights on, depressing horn etc with ignition turned on drained any residual power immediately and upon reconnecting, a scan showed an intermittent fault with them.  Interesting that there would be enough power left to log the 'no power' fault.