Fitting Power socket live connection

Aybesea

My 2017 Colour Edition Citigo only has a power socket which is only  live when ignition is  on and i need to fit a socket which is live to use a solar battery charger plug.Is there a way to connect one eg. from another live nearby wire or can i use the live boot light wire (if it would work) or  is it best to use a connection from the fuse box which i would rather not have to do due to not being a contortionist and lower back problem.If the only option is from the fuse box does anybody know which fuse number it is i would have to use.

If there's a 12-position fuseholder under a trim panel on the end of the dashboard, driver's door end, almost all of the fuses in there are permanent lives. Fuse 4 being the only exception in the info I have.

Ok thanks for the info all of you,

On the drivers side end of dash there is a small rectangle which looks like it can be taken out held in by clips or is it the whole end of the dash that needs to be removed? i do not want to find that the rectangle plastic part  will not fit back in.

It is a low current type not sure but i think there is a glass fuse in the plug IIRC it is 2- 3amp. I thought i could piggy back one of the fuses and connect the socket in sight  just under the dash but will velcro it there as i think that will be strong enough for the plug to be held in place ,i do not want to screw or glue it in place.Plus i will  only need about 20-30 cm of wire.I think that this is the best option.

Actually scrolling down further in that thread suggests my info might be out of date/duff, see post  that says this:

"As far as I can tell, Fuse box D (the additional fuse box inside the dash for Start-Stop cars) was also deleted in November 2015. The documentation for fuse box D is labelled "only valid until November 2015" and the wiring diagrams specific to my VIN do not show any fuses labeled "SD". I believe when Skoda changed the fusebox layout they also simplified some of the wiring meaning they could get away without this additional fuse box in Start-Stop vehicles."

Will have a look tomorrow,but now i am thinking if it is only a low currant draw ie solar charger i could connect straight to battery and put in a inline rated fuse with wires following the loom going through the bulkhead'

i looked at my owners manual and it gives a list of twelve fuses at one end of dash ,2  are un-asigned.That link is the same as what is in my User manual .

Edited by Aybesea

• 3 weeks later...

Update:- After doing some searches i have come across a AA solar charger that plugs into the OBD2 socket so i am going to buy that,rather than muck about with fuses/cables etc  trying to connect to battery.Plus the fact that the OBD2 socket is under the dash just above to the right  of the accelerator pedal next to fuse box it will be easy to fit and remove.

Thanks for replies.