Wind deflectors

Jamesmaher63

Evening all,

I am sure that this has been raised numerous times but I can’t see that it has ever been answered.

I have bought a set of Team Heko wind deflectors for our 2017 SE L Yeti. I have just attempted to fit them (well, the front passenger side) however I have encountered a problem.

When in place, I try to put the window up however I believe it is activating some sort of safety feature and after 3/4s of the way the window will stop and go back down. If I don’t let the window go up fully by itself, I can inch the window up (repeatedly pressing the switch up) which will then close the window fully.

Is there a way around this or have I fitted them incorrectly?!

Thanks

James

If the window encounters any resistance while closing it immediately reopens. It's a safety feature to prevent fingers getting trapped. What you have to do is make sure that none of the fittings impede the closing of the window or even increase the resistance of the window to closing. The closing motor detects increased resistance and reverses.

37 minutes ago, Expatman said:

If the window encounters any resistance while closing it immediately reopens. It's a safety feature to prevent fingers getting trapped. What you have to do is make sure that none of the fittings impede the closing of the window or even increase the resistance of the window to closing. The closing motor detects increased resistance and reverses.

Thanks for the quick response mate. That makes sense and assumed there was some sort of anti trap system. 

When I trial fitted the one I didn’t actually attach any of the metal clip things as I just wanted to see how it looked therefore I assume I will need to adjust when refitting.

I read online about leaving them fitted with the windows up for 24 hours to ‘bed in’. Does that actually work do you know?

Thanks

James

You will probably need to reset the windows “force limiter” as well. It in the drivers manual. Often needs to be done after battery disconnects, low battery voltage and in this case an alteration to the force required to close the windows.......Hope it helps - Stay safe............Tony