MIB2 Retrofit

Hello guys, I own an '07 Skoda Octavia mk.2 and I would like to replace my RNS 510 with a MIB2 navigation system, but I still have some questions. 

1. Apart from the quadlock adapter and the USB will I need anything else? 

2. I have a mk.2 facelift multifunction steering wheel, will it work with the MIB2?  I know that I won't have any info on the instrument cluster. 

3. Is the wire long enough to place the USB port in the armrest? 

4. Does it have RDS and all the radio stuff you need? I live in Romania and I still use the radio a lot. 

5. Kind of a noob question, but I want to be sure. Will there be any issues if I get a VW MIB 2 (with red buttons) apart from the color? 

Thanks! 

P.S. : Sorry for my english. 

I've never seen anyone attempt a VC retrofit on PQ platform cars so I doubt the genuine clusters will work as they are MQB based.

That being said, it appears the Chinese have started making aftermarket 'android' VC for some cars, for instance:

- this fits a few VW's: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000759618838.html

- this fits a Jeep: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001160737615.html

In time, they may introduce the same for older cars...?

Nope, a Discover Pro MIB2.5 won't work in a PQ based car such as a MK2 Octavia.

The only option that's compatible with the PQ platform is the "MIB2 STD PQ" aka Amundsen/Bolero or Discover/Composition Media.

Even the, it's only the 'all-in-one' version that'll work (MY15+ Yeti and various MY15+ PQ based VWs). The ones with a separate display and 'brain' which lives in the glovebox are only for MQB cars.

• 1 year later...
On 13/11/2020 at 14:22, langers2k said:

Nope, a Discover Pro MIB2.5 won't work in a PQ based car such as a MK2 Octavia.

The only option that's compatible with the PQ platform is the "MIB2 STD PQ" aka Amundsen/Bolero or Discover/Composition Media.

Even the, it's only the 'all-in-one' version that'll work (MY15+ Yeti and various MY15+ PQ based VWs). The ones with a separate display and 'brain' which lives in the glovebox are only for MQB cars.

Has anyone managed to make this work ?

1 hour ago, ovidiumarin said:

Has anyone managed to make this work ?

Nothing has changed regarding headunits.

Anything from a MQB car won't work.

If you want a MIB style headunit, it's the MIB STD2 PQ as found in 2015+ Skoda Yeti's and some late PQ based VW's.