Skoda fabia 2008 drivers door wiring loom advice

Dave1982

I don't think so. Checking the suffix -AL part number on a site where I routinely check for supersedences doesn't suggest that it has been superseded by any other number. So that and the -BL part are different in some way.

https://oemwolf.com/oem-parts/5j0971120al.html

2 hours ago, Dave1982 said:

Hello all,

I need a new drivers side door wiring loom for my skoda fabia 2008 1.9tdi.

the part number I need is 5j0971120bl. 

There’s a new replacement loom on eBay part number  5j0971120al . Will this work? 

The BL part is the driver's door harness for LHD cars. It looks like the AL part has been superseded by the BL one. I'm struggling to find RHD part numbers right now. I'll try and take a closer look later.

Thanks for the links Wino, the part in the link states that it’s for a front left and I need a front right or are they the same? 

I’m not going to attempt a repair on the existing loom as I butchered it a fair bit removing it from the car (I’m preparation for the new loom) there were no broken wires or anything obvious, so I’m hoping a new loom will solve my problem (both electric windows and mirrors not working) Both fuses are fine, windows go up and down when key turned in door lock for 3 seconds, so it’s not the motor. Window switch has also been replaced. If it’s not the loom, not sure what else it could be ?

Thank you to everyone else that commented too 👍

I assumed that you read the part number off your existing loom, therefore it has to be correct.

I think it's a case of the loom is for driver's side, which will be left in countries where they drive on t'other side of the road, like where those links go.

The part number you quoted appears (8th one down) amongst a bewildering array here: https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/fabia/fab/2008-608/9/971-972035/

No mention of left or right, just driver's side.

Do give Mike at Coverdale a ring, you might find he can do you a better price than anything else I've suggested.  

I'd be interested in buying your old loom off you for a small sum, to investigate what's failed and why. PM me if interested, once you've got the replacement in and everything working.

Thanks Wino, 

if you haven’t guessed already, I’m a complete rookie at this sort of thing!  

when I originally removed the door card, I couldn’t see any obvious signs of wire breakages etc, so I stripped the black wrapping that covers the whole loom away searching for a possible kink or bare wire, stupidly I threw the part number away along with the black wrapping. (I know, idiot!) 

With regards to the old loom, you’re welcome to have it for nothing, but I really have made a pigs ear out of it!

Once again, thank you for your help 👍

Just spoke to Mike at Coverdale, and replacement loom ordered 👍

I did check that all the fuses were ok ( which they were) I even replaced the two 25 amp fuses as someone suggested trying new ones. No difference

I’ll double check fuse 11 and report back......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wino, you were right! 

It was indeed fuse 11. When you said “have I checked fuse 11”  I did, but I was looking at the fuse box diagram back to front 😬

so a new window switch, new loom and several hours scratching my head was all because of a missing bloody fuse 😳

anyway, a note to anybody with windows and mirrors not working.. don’t just check fuses 51 and 52, because fuse 11 also operates the windows! 

thanks to all who commented, especially Wino.

cheers 

• Like 1