Key Personalisation and Seat Memory

DB72

Hi.... I have set up key and seat personalisation but it seems that if I select a different seat memory position while driving that selection then gets automatically stored to the key profile (even if I select key assignment to manual), which I don't want to happen.  I was hoping to set it up so that when I unlock the car it automatically sets the seat to a certain memory number which is set further back but then when I get in and comfortable I can select a different memory position without that then being saved to the key.  So that when I open again the next time it still selects the further back position again.  Does anyone know if that's possible? 

Thanks 

I don't think that's possible to be honest.

The best way I can see to get what you want is to activate the 'Easy Entry' option with VCDS or OBDeleven.

I've activated this on mine, slides the seat back a couple of inches when you open the door to exit and slides forward to your saved position when you turn the ignition on.

Only takes a few minutes to activate and gives you a tick box on the infotainment screen to turn on and off as required.

If you don't have VCDS yourself there is a map here of forum members with one, have a look for someone close to you who might be able to help.

8 hours ago, AidanF said:

I don't think that's possible to be honest.

The best way I can see to get what you want is to activate the 'Easy Entry' option with VCDS or OBDeleven.

I've activated this on mine, slides the seat back a couple of inches when you open the door to exit and slides forward to your saved position when you turn the ignition on.

Only takes a few minutes to activate and gives you a tick box on the infotainment screen to turn on and off as required.

If you don't have VCDS yourself there is a map here of forum members with one, have a look for someone close to you who might be able to help.

3 hours ago, Baverhanne said:

Did this with OBD11 And it works like a charm :)

Ok, thanks.... I did read about the seat assist option via vcds on another thread so had a feeling that might be the only way to do it.  I'll look into it as there was another option I might want coding too.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have ordered an OBDeleven and i'm waiting for it tomorrow. 
Does obd11 affects the car's warranty?  Is it possible the use of OBDeleven to cancel tha warranty?