Enyaq iV interiors : suite, lounge, loft etc

SurreyJohn

Seems there are different interior design options, with little videos

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/design/the-new-interiors-concept-feels-like-home/

Some of the Seat coverings are 60% polyester (made from recycled plastic bottles)

Any opinions or thoughts on the concept / styles ?

Edited by SurreyJohn

I think the basic interiors are plain and uninspiring. I'd like to see them in person before a final decision, but I'm thinking the "Lounge" interior with alcantera (or micro suede) is what I'd go for but its bally expensive at £1200!

The idea of 'concepts' is a bit Ikea and is marketing BS IMHO. I'd prefer the current situation where you choose a trim level where you like the interior and hope all the toys you want are included. With this new 'concept' approach, I can't see there being many stock cars of suitable specification being available for buyers, so every car will be a factory order - with the associated massive wait. The wait will be exacerbated by ID.4 orders taking up battery supplies, which would make a stock car more attractive but this concept will lead to less stock cars being ordered in by dealers in my opinion.

Edited by Luckypants

I've been looking at these options, just looks like a marketing way to charge a lot for not a lot. I really want to know the detail of what the Founders Edition will comprise of and what you get for all that additional cost. Also when we can configure it on the UK website/ My local dealer knows nothing.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to me that cars are becoming more and more “accessories to compliment your (so called perfect active) lifestyle rather than just a means to undertake a journey in a safe comfortable efficient manner. Which ultimately a car is supposed to be? 

The more a car is able to be personalised, the more premium the price can be, and the less chance a skinflint like me will be able to pick up a pre reg bargain! 

• Haha 1

If they are built and at dealers and not selling then they are possible bargains, same as Demonstrators that are there to be punted after 3 months if the supply exceeds the demand for them.

If there are waiting lists and the demand is such that people will take what ever they can get then maybe little in the way of discounts can be expected.

If you like what you see when you look in the car then that is enough for many people buying cars from stock, and if they do not like and have to wait for exactly what they want from the factory that is their choice. 

It will be a while yet till we know what those getting the cars really like, but as it is the Dealerships will be ordering in highly specced cars.