Wet in boot and passenger seat in octavia estate

Hi i know there have been quite a few posts on Octavia water leaks but i couldn't see one that covers my problems ,My car is a 2002 Octavia estate,  i first found the rear seat wet and a bit damp on the rear passenger side floor, i then checked back and found it wet in the false floor area and spare wheel area and i looked where the cd changer is and that's very wet, i cleared the sunroof drain though didnt seem blocked and i am now not sure where to go next as i checked today and its wet again after the rain today ?????

I had the same problem.  I found out that the air conditioning unit, which is mounted to the bulkhead above the passenger footwell,  wasn’t a sealed correctly.  So the condensate outlet (peel back the sound deadening on the engine side of the bulkhead, there’s a flap cut out for it) would drip constantly on this joint and leak into the footwell.  However it tracks back to the rear passenger footwell, especially if it’s parked facing uphill, like my driveway.  There was also a dent in the floor of my front passenger footwell next to the drain plug.  I took the plug out and and sealed the engine side of the air con unit with silicone and  it seemed to make things a lot better.  It might not be your problem but it looked like mine had been leaking slowly for a long long time.  

check the boot seal - rub some chalk along it all, then pour water over it. if any gets in, it will wash the chalk off.

do the same with the back door. boot hinges  can also let water in.

you say your back seat  was damp though? so have a look under the headlining at the seals and nut for the radio antenna.

• Administrators

This is something I’m going to tackle on my estate. I’m sure for me that it’s the front passenger side door seal letting water in. So the weekend will be a bucket of water with a stripped out carpet to see/find the leak. Most annoying!

chalk it up first - its an instant spotting aid, esp if doing it solo, as you see the track lines when you open the door 

i do seem to remember someone, possibly Bowders1 having an issue and tracing it to corrosion under the plastic in the roof rail slots (his was a hatch but still..) 

and that antenna bolt seal was also a common one a few yrs ago when i joined first (2012)