Radio/Touchscreen stopped working

Hi folks. First post here - forum was recommended to me as a source of great info - so no pressure!

I have a 2015 Superb Combi, and my radio/touchscreen hasn't been working since Sunday. It keeps trying to boot up, and then dies again. nothing displays on the screen and radio, phone connectivity all not working.

I took a video of it (https://imgur.com/a/Ki9rVxY) so you can see what's going on. The weird thing is you can still hear the disc spinning when the keys are out of the ignition. 

Possibly connected - I've had an intermittent Error: Stop Start System message on the MFD for the past week.

I took the car to a local mechanic today who ruled out battery issues, so hoping there is someone here who has experienced similar. And hoping their's was an easy fix!!

I had this a while ago on my 2008 columbus. Its a much older version but i had to get it reflashed by a skoda dealer to resolve it.

It was flashed to newer version of the software but that version is long since replaced. 

Others may say you can fix yourself but i didnt want to risk trashing the headunit. Cost about £100 back in 2012. 

I think its just one of those things. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi folks. Just an update to this. I had a Skoda dealer install all the updates etc but the system still isn't working. They said only option is a new unit, at a cost of €3.5k!!! Anyone have any ideas on a Plan B?

On 01/12/2020 at 22:44, gav_is_con said:

We have a resident expert on here always willing to help @Rustynuts. Hopefully will be along soon to advise. 

Did you ever get in contact with Rustynuts? He may have repaired units for sale. 

• 2 years later...

I too have a 2015 Skoda Superb (3T) Mk2 Update 2.0 tdi 16v 4x4 Elegance estate and have a problem with my Columbus system. The screen shows Skoda Navigation then dies and then reboots and gets Skoda Navigation screen and does this all the time  except very rarely when starts from cold.

Apart from a new unit, would it be best to get unit refreshed or have members got any other suggestions as it is driving me nuts.

Thanks MikeVee

On 17/06/2023 at 16:53, MikeVee said:

I too have a 2015 Skoda Superb (3T) Mk2 Update 2.0 tdi 16v 4x4 Elegance estate and have a problem with my Columbus system. The screen shows Skoda Navigation then dies and then reboots and gets Skoda Navigation screen and does this all the time  except very rarely when starts from cold.

Apart from a new unit, would it be best to get unit refreshed or have members got any other suggestions as it is driving me nuts.

Thanks MikeVee

I would recommend contacting a skoda dealer and asking them to check the firmware if you aren't able to access those details yourself. It sounds like you need to get the firmware updated. Its exactly the same problem i had years ago. That solved it. 

I contacted the dealer today and they said that they wanted £150 to do the firmware, seen it for £24.99.

Does anyone know how to install it.?