Total Height of a Kodiaq with a roof box

Hi all. 
I have  booked ferry tickets to go to the continent for a vehicle with a max height of 2.2m. 
I’m interested in getting a Kodiaq before this trip but wanted to check that it would be under the height limit with a box on top. 
my roof box is a fairly standard Kamei Dolphin 360 litre. 
Any Kodiaq owners with a roof box - What’s your total height please?

Thanks in advance. 
Danny

I have Thule Motion XXL 670 litre box attached to Thule Wingbar Edge. At least on Dunkirk - Dover ferry nobody was interested in roofbox height and there was still hell a lot of a room to the ceiling when I was aboard.

It depends on when you travel, the 2.2m height restriction is because if you opt for that ticket, and ferry is busy, they will drop the intermediate floors, then have two decks of 2.2m instead of one about 4.4m high.  Normally those extra decks are raised

You have approx 0.5m height above the roof rails so should be ok

Your bigger problem might be high Covid status of UK, as it seems from 1st January might not be able to travel if we leave EU club without a deal.

Best tow a trailer tent or caravan or fit a roof tent for accommodation as your queue to depart the UK and then return incase you are there a good while.

You will eventually get away and get back in regardless of it being after the 31st December 2020.

The UK left the EU Club, but then there is a world wide pandemic which is not Brexit related.

Those travelling into the UK might consider doing the same after the transition period is over but there is still Covid 19 about.

Edited by e-Roottoot

The height of the Kodiaq + Thule wing bars + a Kamei Delphin 400L (couldn't find specs for a 360) would be 2140mm. If the car deck ceiling really was 2.2M (unlikely) then you'd need to drive steady on to the ferry.

I have been on a cross channel ferry where one car deck ceiling barely cleared a normal saloon car, so best to know your height and be upfront with the ferry operator.

Having offered up that advice, I once paid an extra £60 to take my canoe on my roof and once on the ferry, the roof was cathedral height, so the £60 was for nothing. That was Brittany Ferries, I don't know what other operators charge, if anything.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 08:24, Kenny R said:

As the hight to the roof rails is 1.68m you’d need to add your top box hight.

9E8678DE-3BE4-40EB-8DA5-0C4FC2F82BCD.jpeg

Hi Kenny. Don’t suppose you’ve got the dimensions of the internal space similar to these externals please? I’m after the exact size of the back with all the seats down. Cheers

10 minutes ago, Dannylachamp said:

Hi Kenny. Don’t suppose you’ve got the dimensions of the internal space similar to these externals please? I’m after the exact size of the back with all the seats down. Cheers