Replacing elegance headunit with a newer OEM headunit

Hi all, I'm guessing this has been done and I bet there is a thread somewhere but I couldn't see it. 

I was wondering if it was possible to change the head unit in my car for one from a newer model so I could keep the OEM feel and reversing sensors ect but allow me to use satnav, bluetooth and DAB.

Kind regards, Ryan 

131259976_1829208740570508_6469845695533170240_n.jpg

Skoda wise 

Columbus depending on age may need a new additional component(BCM)? to prevent battery drain issues. 

Not sure if the later models Amusden or Swing are compatible. 

Some people go Kenwood aftermarket or Android with very mixed reviews. 

It all depends what you want. Bluetooth, Nav, SD card etc etc?

18 hours ago, gav_is_con said:

Skoda wise 

Columbus depending on age may need a new additional component(BCM)? to prevent battery drain issues. 

Not sure if the later models Amusden or Swing are compatible. 

Some people go Kenwood aftermarket or Android with very mixed reviews. 

It all depends what you want. Bluetooth, Nav, SD card etc etc?

The car is a 2006, i'd rather sick with an OEM skoda second unit. Ideally would like bluetooth and nav but usb and sd would be an extra bonus.

Columbus is a good option to go for, you get Nav and SD card slot but depending on model you don't get bluetooth. You can upgrade with kuftech fiscon basic plus which gives phone and basic Bluetooth streaming. As mentioned you will need to upgrade your canbus module which I think on your year lives behind the glove box. Ideally you need vcds (vagcom) to correctly code the new unit.  Having maxidot dash is also a useful feature to use with nav and audio. Lots of posts on columbus fitment.  You may need to upgrade your park assist system to display on columbus.