Crazy touchscreen

I've seen that this has been mentioned before, but just want to clarify some points before I figure out what to try and do. 

My infotainment touchscreen has started playing up, in that sometimes it is not responsive and other times it does button presses by itself.

I just got the car back following body repairs and they had given it a thorough clean inside and out. Is there a chance that there could be some kind of residue left on the screen, and if so what is the best way to clean it?

I also read somewhere that Skoda claim it is down to a bad battery. Is there any truth in that statement? 

Steering wheel controls seem to function perfectly. 

Thanks for any advice

Just tried the reset. Unfortunately it's still the same, extremely oversensitive. 

The reason I ask about the battery is because I read somewhere that Skoda were fobbing people off and saying if your battery was on its way out certain systems would start to shutdown and misbehave, including the touchscreen. I've just been out for a drive and I'm pretty sure my auto full beam wasn't working so wondered if there was any truth in the whole systems being shutdown thing.

Non safety related systems will begin to close down if the battery reaches a critical level. If it were at that point then you'd get a warning and the infotainment system would close down completely.

The screen concern is usually a software and or hardware related issue. Does it only happen when the weather is really cold?

It is worse when it is cold, but it was happening today at 10 degrees.

A good visualisation is to go into the sat nav and try to enter a postcode. Press once and you get the same letter repeated four time

The reason behind the fault is the liquid crystals in the display freeze and fail to melt in lower temps. This renders the screen unusable for a few minutes then it usually goes mental. 

An update will change the way it behaves or a replacement with a newer part will eradicate the issue altogether in most cases.

Yes, Ive heard of screens failing. However, you don't know what kind of chemicals that the various bodyshops are using.

I would recommend using a dey microfibre cloth first...see whether there is any residue which comes off. There is a formal cleaner for the screens, but you can only get it from Superskoda. I would potentially invest in some IT screen cleaning wipes too to see if that helps.

If nothing else, you are looking at roughly 300ukp, although if you can purchase some release keys for the screen, and find the part number, you can pick up secondhand screens from other cars. There is no security protection on the screens. You see the screens come up on the forum adverts as well as ebay.

Have you tried cleaning the screen? I found Windowlene or similar was the best, but at your own risk etc.

Mine played up, doing its own thing and I read, somewhere, that it was caused by dirty, greasy fingerprints and general dirt build up. I cleaned it and never had a problem since. Anyway, won't harm to try it if you haven't already...

I'll try cleaning it with something. As mentioned above, it's just come back from a bumper repair (insurance) and was valeted inside and out. I can only hope that they cleaned it with something that's left an invisible film on it that's causing the issues. 

Either that or it's just an unfortunate coincidence.