Yeti 1.4tsi 150

rover220

..can't comment on the 170hp, but I currently have a 1.4 (150) tsi and it's a brilliant engine. Previous to this I had the 1.4 122 hp engine in an Octavia, and prior to that I had a 2.0ltr diesel Octavia. 

Both 1.4 engines are a "peach", plenty of power and torque, and very similar in "feel" to my previous 2.0ltr diesel. My current 1.4tsi seems to perform really well with plenty of torque and is also very quiet compared to the diesel. (Also returns over 40mpg if driven carefully, (AWD)).

In short I would have no hesitation in recommending the 1.4Tsi....only problem is finding one? I struggled when I was looking.....

Edited by Stubod
  • Like 2

..not aware of any specific problems on either the 122 or the 150?....I am aware that some of the earlier 1.4s with "double turbo" (?) models had a habit of failing big time, (don't think they were ever fitted to a Yet though).

Also note that Audi use a 1.4 with "cylinder on demand" technology but don't think that was ever an option on Skoda's ?

Hi rover220

"problematic as the earlier 122ps ones"

What problems are you referring to ?

My 1.4TSi 122ps has been problem free for 8 years and 60K miles.  It returns 42 MPG long term average.

• Like 1

There were some early batches of 1.4 TSI (from 2009) where they experience chain and/or tensioner failures.

Cars from 2010/11 I believe got a revised kit and tensioner.

Though there were/are still many 1.4 TSI engines supposedly with the problem chains that ran fine with no problems too.

It's apparently down to poor oil/insufficient changes etc. But not always the case.

The different 1.4 TSI's mentioned here have nothing to do with the 150 ps mentioned for the YETI.  No issuse.

Then there never was a 'double turbo'. 1.4TSI.  There were Twin Chargers / Dual Chargers, which have a Turbo & a Supercharger and were in various VW Group Vehicles globally but only in Skoda in the form of the Mk2 Fabia vRS.

• Like 1

I had a 2017 L & K Yeti with the 1.4 engine, I wouldn't say that the engine was all that great. It was quiet but thirsty, averaged low 30's mpg and at times had a bit of hesitation. It never really felt all that powerful either to be honest, mind you it was barely run in when I'd to hand it back at the end of the PCH deal. I test drove one with the 2 litre TD engine before I got the Yeti and apart from being much noisier, I'd say that the diesel engine is the one to go for for relaxed driving and reasonable fuel economy.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2020 at 10:50, kenfowler3966 said:

Don't they only supply this with the L&K trim, rare car in that spec and engine choice, and you end up with the sunroof and all its potential problems?

And manual only which ruled it out for me.