Access to rear tailgate noisy wiper motor and where to get one to replace existing.

2015(65)  Octavia 1.4 TSI SE L with noisy rear wiper motor.

I want to change the wiper motor but I am not sure of the best way to go about removing the tailgate lid trim.

It looks like a large panel within the main trim, but I don't want to damage it by trying to remove it, and refit it.

I can only see one screw by the boot closer handle so I don't think that is going to help much.

Also which wiper motor brand, as I have read that the eBay ones are poor quality imports, although quite cheap.

I was thinking of going direct to Skoda but will I just be buying a brand name product ?

Any tips about the best way to tackle it please.

If it's a hatchback then first remove that screw on the pull handle and take it off. There should be 6 trim coloured fastners along the bottom of the boot trim 3 either side of the boot latch remove these with a pry tool then it's a matter of pulling out the clips.

I had a picture in the thread about retrofitting a reversing camera. Let me see if I can dig that up...

Found my pics here start of page 2. Includes a picture of the back of the boot trim, get your fingers in there and try to get the big one in the middle of one side unclipped, the small ones should just pop out then work your way around once you have more room.

Edited by lway

Thanks for the reply, but I have the estate and do not have any visible fasteners to remove. I looked around the edge and apart from the screw by the lock and one by the boot closer handle I am at a loss.

20201220_104736.jpg

20201220_104805.jpg

Undo the screw by the handle, then pull/use a trim tool to pull out the plastic panel.

it pulls away from the metal/glass and is held in with spring clips. Make sure you don’t lose any.

EDIT:

In my experience it was easiest to start by pulling the edges up to get the clips lose, then once you've released the clips from the sides work along doing the same at the bottom.

Edited by cheezemonkhai